Anybody ever feel like an Underachiever sometimes?

When you feel like you just haven't achieved much in life?

Most Helpful Girl

• always been a nearly under-achiever, like i've consecutively won the dumbest of the family award lmfao all of dem with their STEM degrees like fuck off wit that shit hahaa

• i say nearly under-achiever because i still achieve, but at the bare minimum necessary. like if i was assigned "several paragraphs with 5-7 sentences each" i'd try and get away with 2 paragraphs with 5 sentences lmao

• thanks for mho

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 21

• lol, totally.

one of my sisters travelled the country on her own for 6 months; the other got married and had kids. my younger brother got into drugs and fucked off, and then there's me.

right now, i'm almost 30 and have literally nothing to show for it. never married, no kids, no fancy piece of paper... hated virtually every job i've ever had. but, as the saying goes, experience is the best teacher.

things are changing; i finally met someone i like enough to want to marry, and i'll be hitting the books in September. still don't want kids, but i have plenty of nieces and nephews to enjoy... so, in spite of everything, my life isn't so bad.

• Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I happy with what I've achieved in life. For sure. And it ain't over yet. Especially for you GaGr's; It's just beginning. . .

• I feel this way a lot lately. Most of my friends are married, having kids and buying homes. I'm over here just trying to survive! I work very hard, in all aspects of my life. But for some reason I just cant' seem to keep a relationship (keep guys interested in me) or get ahead.

I'm still trying though. It just makes me feel like an underachiever sometimes.

• Sad to hear that. Stop feeling that way! Lol! You're at an interesting age same thing happened to me at 25. You're quantifying you goals, and tagging them to a number or age range, and all your friends at least have SO's. It sucks, but it'll pass. SO's happen on their own, you can't go out and get one. One day - boom, out of the blue. Job - your at the age where you're in between being a rookie and solid investment, and it'll change too, just don't let it slip when you feel like that. I hope you take this a good news. Don't you hate being told it'll happen?

• @Aqualung I hate being told "It'll happen!" The only people that say that to me are already married, and they married the first person they went on their first online date with! Like seriously? Or then they always act as if I am just being too picky (which I'm not). I'm pretty open to different people, but certain things (like being mistreated, bullied, a guy who is still in love with his ex) for me are all deal breakers.

• Patience, Miss Darkfairie17,
      Good things come to those who wait! And, the word is "discerning" not "picky", and you should be - we're talking about the rest of your life, here. Don't waste your time on sub-par dudes, especially the problem children with the issues you described. You don't need any of that, and don't try to help them - it's impossible (abuse is too serious, run at the first sign of it), help yourself first: split. So, it's really good you're already discerning, and that's excellent.
      Do you have a "job" or "career" (I know you know what I'm saying.) ? Are you ready for a change?

• 😂 Me? No, I bust my ass at everything I out my mind to.

Career-wise and with my workouts. I'm quite happy.

• I am an underachievver with a dream. Someday my dream will make up for all the moments I wasted.

• Yeah, sometimes, but I haven't had all that much life to do anything in.

• Only when I don't get things that I set for the whole day then yeah

• Yes, i'm looking at the last 2 days to-do's and I definitely underachieved.

• Right! Exactly, and that's what I tell him, in that language, not like a stuffy Dad. And, I thought this question was a generality, not based on one's accomplishments in life, I'm happy with that and wouldn't have responded. But then, I''d never have gotten your advice, which I appreciate. Thanks!

• @Aqualung ahah no problems :)

• Yaaas
    Like I can easily be runner up in almost anthng I want but I am to lazy to keep it up

• Lol, I am an achiever. I definitely underachieve a lot tho.

• I have my moments, yep.

• I feel like that now lol

I think it's normal for everyone to feel that way at least once, even if everything is going great.

• Not really, as I usually, and eventually, get exactly what I want.

Most of the time though, getting it feels empty.
    THAT is always disappointing.

• All of the time.

• Yep, I've had that feeling.

• All the time

• Oooooh yeah. I feel like this every once in awhile unfortunately.

• yes this is how I feel but trying to change that now

• Oh am I not invited? How rude!

I always feel like that.

• I have and that was my own fault. I have to fix it.

• All the time.

• Yes. Compared to people my age, I feel like I haven't done enough

• Nah, I'm happy with my achievements thus far.

What Guys Said 11

• mmuughh... yes, *sniff*. Thanks for reminding me...

• Everyone is an underachiever in some domains.

• No. I have achieved a lot already but I am always trying to achieve more so that I am respected as an important person in society.

• Quite often sadly

• Yes. I choose not to do certain things.

• on occasion

• All the time.

• I do.

• I'm not qualified to answer

• I love it lol

• Yeah mostly in school tho