Why are there so many unidentifiable bodies?

I was on the missing children's website, looking state by state. There were so many "Jane Doe" and "John Doe." I just don't understand how that person (especially child) can have no family or friends come forth to identify the body? I mean they had to have some associations throughout their life. Does no one care enough?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's really sad :( It may be that the person's family is not able to identify them because they look different somehow. Sometimes kidnappers might try to alter the child's appearance. It could also be that some of these children were victims of human trafficking, and they are from other countries. Perhaps the parents and families in the other countries do not have internet to look at the pictures.

• You have a good point. Although, sometimes professionals reconstruct how their face likely looked before death. I just feel like if I or anyone I knew were to be murdered, and the body was found, the identification wouldn't be a problem :/

What Guys Said 1

• they are aliens

What Girls Said 3

• I've heard lots of those sites are fake. If you Google you'll see that like 99% of kidnappings are done by family and friends.

• Oh definitely. More often times than not, it's the mother who doesn't have custody of her child so her and the child move to some far away country.

• Lots of reasons, they have no family, nobody knows they're missing, there's some reason they can't identify the person between DNA and just looking at them, if the victim is a immigrant without family, etc etc

• That is life. Some people have it shitty