Has Hillary Clinton done anything for women in the past 16 years?

Other than being the first female presidential candidate that has a shot at becoming president has she ever done anything for women using her power as a politician that benefited women? She says she fights for women's rights and equal pay in the workplace but can that really be true? She also has done weapons deals with Middle Eastern country's that are strong abusers of women's rights.

0|0
4|6

Most Helpful Girl

• This is what she says about her record on children and women's issues:

- She went to work at the Children’s Defense Fund, where she helped expand access to education for children with disabilities.

- Started Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families.

- She led the U. S. delegation to the U. N. Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing, where she proclaimed that “women’s rights are human rights.” She also advocated for the Family and Medical Leave Act, which provides leave for new parents or those with a sick loved one, and she worked to increase funding for child care.

- As senator from New York, she championed access to emergency contraception and voted in favor of strengthening a woman’s right to make her own health care decisions.

- She also championed the Paycheck Fairness Act and co-sponsored the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in an effort to achieve equal pay and help close the wage gap. She fought for legislation to guarantee paid sick leave and paid parental leave for all federal employees.

- She created the now-permanent position of ambassador-at-large for global women’s issues and helped launch the first U. S. strategy on women, peace, and security. She also advanced women’s economic empowerment, championed programs to prevent and respond to gender-based violence, and spearheaded public-private partnerships to improve the status of women and girls.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• After things she has said about some female rape victims and her doing those weapons deals, I don't think I trust her just as a person, never mind whether I trust her abilities. I don't think she's done very much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course he is done something for us. She has exploited us. She has used the fact that she's a woman to gain votes. She would use her grandmother to gain votes also

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think Hilary would be a good president. A lot of people are so caught up on the fact she's a women that they want her to win, but just because she's a lady doesn't mean she's a good canadict, she's always contradicting her words, and she seems like she's just saying whatever she thinks people want to hear.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• The only time we need a Woman for a president is when she is the best person for the job. Hilary is not that person, too many people seem to think we need any woman, no matter how corrupt, to be president.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's done things for herself, and she's a woman. Does that count?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, she has.

No, but more than Donald Trump will ever do, since he's such a misogynistic pig.

0|0
    0|0
  • her beign a presidential candidate is for herself more than anything else.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. for that Monica girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the love of christ vote for Trump if you don't want your country to go to shit.

0|0
    0|0