Other than being the first female presidential candidate that has a shot at becoming president has she ever done anything for women using her power as a politician that benefited women? She says she fights for women's rights and equal pay in the workplace but can that really be true? She also has done weapons deals with Middle Eastern country's that are strong abusers of women's rights.
Most Helpful Girl
This is what she says about her record on children and women's issues:
- She went to work at the Children’s Defense Fund, where she helped expand access to education for children with disabilities.
- Started Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families.
- She led the U. S. delegation to the U. N. Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing, where she proclaimed that “women’s rights are human rights.” She also advocated for the Family and Medical Leave Act, which provides leave for new parents or those with a sick loved one, and she worked to increase funding for child care.
- As senator from New York, she championed access to emergency contraception and voted in favor of strengthening a woman’s right to make her own health care decisions.
- She also championed the Paycheck Fairness Act and co-sponsored the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in an effort to achieve equal pay and help close the wage gap. She fought for legislation to guarantee paid sick leave and paid parental leave for all federal employees.
- She created the now-permanent position of ambassador-at-large for global women’s issues and helped launch the first U. S. strategy on women, peace, and security. She also advanced women’s economic empowerment, championed programs to prevent and respond to gender-based violence, and spearheaded public-private partnerships to improve the status of women and girls.1