How to drink and not get wasted?

So tomorrow night I'm turning 21 at midnight but I'm working. I work at a bar but when we close down the bar the bartenders say they're gonna get me wasted once we kick everyone out of the bar and they also said to get dropped off at work and have someone pick me up so I can't drive. My question is are there any tricks or tips you can give me so that I don't get really drunk and feel like shit in the morning I don't really drink that much

Most Helpful Girl

• A glass of water after every drink.

Alcohol dehydrates you and it's one of the main reasons you feel like shit in the morning. Water helps massively.

Most Helpful Guy

• Drink some water between every drink. Being drunk and hydrated (which IS possible) is such an amazing feeling! :)

Of course, know your limit. Know when to say "not right now bro" to a drink if you feel that drinking it then will take u to the level of sickness.

What Girls Said 7

• Drink lots of water and also tell them you don't want to drink a ridiculous amount. Do a few shots and have a beer and call it a night.

• Deny the free drinks

• Eat before hand

• Eat and drink plenty of water between drinks so you can stay hydrated!

• Drink lots of water with it and eat before drinking

• I drink a lot of water when I drink alcohol

• Eat and drink water between all those drinks

What Guys Said 10

• Yea. Don't drink. If you are going to drink anyway, eat first, something substantial. Then eat again later. Stop drinking early, and especially give some time before going to bed. Also drink some water before going to bed.

But bottom line is that if you are going to drink a lot, you'll get drunk and probably have a hangover. If that's not what you want, don't be pressured into doing it. There is no requirement that you get drunk on your 21st birthday.

• whats the point... live it up. but if you don't want to get drunk... pace yourself. i don't see the point though.

• What will you be drinking? Beer or shots? Drink slow (or your own pace), don't let them pressure you to "get wasted". You have to deal with the hangover not them. But the main cause of a hangover is dehydration so after the party before you go to bed, drink as much water as you can. Also eat something. Both of these help big time. If you having shot, try and mix more mix in your drink then liquor (if you're making your own drinks) or through in the odd glass of water in between drinks even.

• its different from one person to another, the best way is to drink at least few times a month to have somekind of an immunity and getting used to alcohol, also if you move a lot, dance and shake your body (as in a party ) you will not really get that drunk also if you dont drink too much.

• Yeah, keep hydrated. Have one glass of water for every 2-4 shots, depending on how big you are that is. If you are really skinny be careful not to go overboard

• The water thing and have a full belly of food. Also, helps if you're hungover from the night before. I know i need more to get drunk after drinking the day before.

• I wonder how you work in a bar if you aren't 21. Also, eating starchy foods helps me. And drink lots and lots... and lots and lots of water.

• Get to the party early, when no one's looking switch the beer out with the non alcoholic stuff. Your friends will hate you, shoot you'll probably hate you, but you won't get wasted.

• Explain to them that you don't drink much and after each drink have double the amount in water to counteract the dehydration affect you get from booze

• Eat before you drink, don't mix liquor and beer, take it slow