Are you able to cause energy to flow through your body at will?

It's really hard to explain, but anyone who has done guided meditations involving chakras probably understands what I mean.

For instance, I can rather easily cause "energy" (or whatever) to flow through my body to the point it feels almost explosive (not in a bad way).

• i've never tried.
  • yes, easily. i could do it in a snap.
  • yes, with some effort.
  • yes, but it takes quite a bit of effort.
  • yes, but it is very difficult.
  • i've tried and i can't do it.
  • i have no idea what you're talking about.
Anyone?
Anybody?

Most Helpful Girl

• I will admit to complete ignorance of chakras, Eastern mysticism, etc.

But, 2 things I've achieved remarkable control over, in mah old age, are (1) the mind-muscle connection and (2) to a large degree, the supposedly "involuntary" muscular functions (heartbeat, blood pressure, etc.)

Controlling these things really starts with what one might call "mindfulness" -- really, a super-intense focus on the particular functions at hand.

If it's the mind-muscle connection for a particluar exercise, first it's a focus on the complementary muscles that need to relax during the movement (for instance, the hamstrings and outer quadriceps during an inner quadriceps exercise). Then, a focus on the muscles that actually contract to create the movement. I've achieved remarkable gains in strength and balance this way, and I've rehabbed exercises in a small fraction of the time that it's "supposed" to take.

I've also learned to control my heart rate and blood pressure, within a pretty wide band. Mostly this is just a parlor trick -- there isn't really much in the way of practical applications, other than ensuring that I'll always pass insurance physicals with flying colors lol (since these parameters return to normal as soon as I'm not concentrating on them).
    Basically, by putting my finger on my pulse (for heartbeat) and/or hooking myself up to a blood-pressure cuff (for blood pressure), and then getting myself into a meditative state and experimenting with different breathing patterns and so on, I can get my heart rate to settle (temporarily) anywhere from about 25 to 75 beats per minute, and my blood pressure to settle (temporarily) just about anywhere from about 85/55 to about 120/80.

Dunno whether this actually has anything to do with what you're asking, lol.

What Guys Said 16

• I do that everyday, in both meditation and martial arts. I also do shiatsu massage, so I'm all about that. Did you have a question about it? ^.^

• I'm just curious about how many people can do it.

Do you think you could help me figure out a way to explain it? It's hard for me to explain, haha.

• very cool. How'd you choose those, out of all the available options?

• @redeyemindtricks I began at a young age doing karate, and later stuff like kickboxing and ju jutsu, it was alright but never really felt right.. A friend of mine who's father was a doing acupuncture and tai chi introduced it to me, and I liked it. Later, I began to practice alone, mixing Kung fu into the form, and that's what I'm doing today. I initially liked it for the reasons they were originally designed; for civilians to defend themselves against armed invaders.

• The shaolin monks call it chi and I suppose that's how they're able to absorb an extraordinary amount of pain to a certain area.

http://i.imgur.com/10CCP6d.gif
    https://youtu.be/Js_3bIni52I

Or perhaps they're just killing their nerves
    http://hiddenlolcdn.com/i/71922.gif

• I've done meditation and I've also taken psychedelics and I have no idea what you mean by "energy" really. I've felt strange intense sensations while meditating, where my sensory perception kind of fades and becomes a numb cloudy blob instead of being detailed. Also one time I tripped I felt like all my sensory perceptions where just turned into this feeling of being like a pulsating vortex around me and through my body... maybe that's similar to what you mean haha. But I don't see how there could be actual energy flowing through me, I believe it's just mind producing different sensations from inside.

• I have really good emotional intelligence, I've focused on developing it for a few years now. I can literally control to a large degree replacing negative energy with positive energy.

• I can control body functions and temperature... does that count?

• How can you control yr body temperature?

• hm?
      right, meaning if you could lay out a stepwise process for how you bring body temperature up/down

• @redeyemindtricks i could, but people won't get it...

• Now "energy" is a complicated term. Electric energy? Heat energy? So now I will assume Prana, which is life energy from Yoga and Vedic philosophy. Yeah, sometimes I can boost my body with Prana energy, simply with conscious inhalation. It helps me relieve pain, gain strength when I am tired and makes me feel fresh. There are also certain techniques that help you gathering the Prana. There are many types of Prana energy, some you can get in nature, some through meditation, some through Pranayam techniques. I can do it only in a gentle way, but I feel like I can explode sometimes.

• The techniques are different, as they are taught in many ways of Yoga and also lots of eastern martial arts, but in the end, their effect is similar and they work with same energies.

• Energy Flows where the Attention Goes.
    Very true statement.
    The moment you can simply feel the energy in your body you can move it at will.

• I'm not into yoga or Chakra or any of that. I've just done meditation and experienced it for myself. It's really cool to experience it. Just funneling energy into one spot on your body. I tried focusing my energy into one hand for 5 minutes, after moving my energy around. When I was done my hand felt like it was on fire compared to my other hand. Had my sister check to make sure it wasn't just me. It was freaky

• I never done any meditation and chakra stuff, don't know anything about it, but i may know what's that feeling... but not sure.

• Yes. When I shuffle my feet on the carpet and touch something metallic.

• Yes, by sticking my finger into the electrical socket!

• I don't know what you talking about. I can't flow energy

• yes, energy flows to my dick every morning.

• I see some people do it, but i dont think i can. Is it something like chi?

• I don't think energy actually moves.

I think the awareness IS the experience.

• I've done guided meditations and I've no idea what you're on about

• I don't honestly believe in chakras and mystic energy.

• I don't know if chakras exist on a literal level... but I do know that I'm feeling *something* intense when I do this... I wonder what it is.

What Girls Said 5

• nope! Because I am not magic!

• I need to try more, I use to try a lot and it was difficult but I stopped so I can't again without troubles.

• Vote F

I have tried tm but enjoy light therapy more.
    My energy always comes from my own intuition

• That requires regular meditation but some people lose energy than let it flow

• Every thing around us is pure vibrations and energy, of course i know how to do this, energy frequency has many levels some higher than others, being in the company of other human beings energies are always flowing not at the level you are talking about but who knows maybe it is, this is nothing special or new, you have just learned to tap into your energy on a higher level.