Am I becoming a psychopath?

So I've recently noticed that I don't get grossed out about gore. I usually watch surgery videos or even clips about people dying.
It can be either someone getting murdered or a fatal accident and I don't seem to feel anything.
I'm interested on working in the ER as a doctor in the future or as a surgeon so I'm not sure is that one of the reasons why I don't feel anything when seeing some kind of gore.
I do feel emotions etc. But I'm not sure is this considered "normal"?

• Yes
  • No
  • You're normal
  • You should get help

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I also watch fatal accidents sometimes and i watch surgery videos without any emotion. That doesn't mean that we are psychopaths. Just we can control our emotions. If you decide to be surgeon one day that will help you. Just remember you should be emotionless only in the operating room not with patients.

Most Helpful Guy

• Like anything else in this world, when you're exposed to something regularly, you become desensitized to it.

What Girls Said 4

• Your tolerance level is just way lower than average. If you've been watching gore on a regular basis, then you'll have grown used to it eventually. Also, not everyone has the same amount of tolerance to start with.
    You should be fine as long as you don't start wishing of cutting up live people ;)

• This is fine, especially because you said you plan on a profession that has to be exposed to this every day. You wouldn't be a great ER Doctor if you fainted every time you say blood now would you?

• You should certainly seek professional help. You may not be a psychopath , but you seem to have some sort of undiagnosed psychosis. Your emotions seem impaired.

• I'm pretty sure I don't have psychosis. I feel emotions normally. They don't seem impaired to me. I just don't seem to get grossed out anymore. That's why I asked. Otherwise I do feel emotions normally, and I live my life normally. I don't seem to have anything pointing at psychosis. I just think it's mostly me getting used to gore and stuff.

• So why ask the question if you already know the answer 😉

• I'm not sure is it considered normal. Or am I just becoming a little psycho. Ya know. Making sure since I do have OCD so that makes me question everything.

• I have grown up seeing these kind of things and I want to be a doctor too and I don't get grossed out by any of these things, you are normal

What Guys Said 4

• Don't think psycho but just not phased by gore a psycho is someone who rejoices in it. I don't really have much of a feeling to gore after seeing lots of shit like earthlings but I definitely don't enjoy it.

• No..

• To be honest I'm not sure why I don't feel anything and it seems weird to me because people around me get grossed out about stuff like that.

• People naturally go into and out of cycles like this.

• No, doctors, morticians and coroners do that all the time and they are not psychos.

• No, psychopaths are born.

• People can also become psychopaths due to brain damage.