I may have just hit the first big mile stone of my scientific career! Im so happy I have to tell everyone and anyone :D?

Last summer i spent a lot of time researching otters in one of our local rivers. We were gathering and analysing data on their diets and feeding habits in relation to invasive species and important recreational fish.

I actually contributed enough to the final paper to be included as one of the authors and last week I was emailed the revised paper which has been sent to several scientific journals to be published.

This is a little premature as it can take a long time for papers to be published, and there's a good chance it might not be, but I've had such a shitty year i cannot believe my work might actually be of scientific importance. Its such a huge confidence boost!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• In the UK they were largely re-introduced into environments that couldn't handle them, conservationists tend to be idiots unfortunately, so they pat themselves on the back for bringing the otter back, then it eats all the fish because there aren't the same number of eels there used to be (you'd have thought these people would know about the food chain, but I guess zoology degrees aren't what they used to be) and you're left with river that's biologically wonky, it's basically a predatory rat. That's not in all areas of the UK, just some. Meh.

What Girls Said 3

• Congratulations! That's very exciting. :)

• thanks. im pretty stoked about it. I keep looking at the paper and can't believe my stuff has been included!

• You worked hard and contributed to it, so I'm sure it's well-deserved. ^^

• Congratulations!

• thank you :)

Im like a kid on Christmas day showing everyone their new presents lol.

• Woah congrats! I'm happy for you :) Now i'm doing my papers too

What Guys Said 2

• Best wishes to you and your research. Remember this feeling, forever. ^.^

• Congrats! Keep it mind that it was you that were involved and no one can take away the work you did. Keep in mind that the person gets success and not the job. A little inspiration for you here:

http://www.havequotes.com/quotes/588.jpg