In your opinion does anything remotely nerdy or geeky = Beta?

like only beta's are geeks or nerds or involve themselves in any sort of related activity?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends

Most Helpful Girl

• Playing along with the alpha beta bullshit:

No. I know someone who would be considered extremely "alpha" but is also a mega geek/nerd when it comes to math and video games.

What Girls Said 19

• Nooo.

What makes a man "beta" is being passive or passive aggresive.

There IS a difference between being nice and just letting everyone walk all over you.
    Or complaining and not doing anything to change what you're complaining about.

• Totally false. I know an 8 year US Marine vet who practices MMA and is absolutely an alpha male, who enjoys watching anime (only using anime as an example because that's stereotypically nerdy/geeky) and used to play Magic

• Nope. I fucking love nerdy and geeky guys, dating one now and he certainly ain't "beta."

• Bitch please, people wish they were alpha like us. :P :D

• Nope

• B.

I don't believe in all of this Alpha Beta shit. It's dumb.

• There is no corollation

• No way.. nerds are hot..

• Nah not beta, just assist in personality. Got nothi to do with alpha/beta

• Nope, no connection.

• I don't think of it as beta. I don't think of someone who likes to read or play video games as a nerd or beta. They are just a human being doing things that they like to do.

• I don't get into all that alpha beta bullshit.

• Holy fuck, this alpha beta shit is really stupid.

• Nooo wtf! Only an idiot woukd think so.

• That s rubbish

• I don't really believe in this alpha/beta BS

• hell no

• I don't believe in the whole alpha beta bullshit. 😑

• No. I don't think it has to mean that

What Guys Said 14

• No, not at all. Look at Bill Gates. The dude is nerd through and through. I've never met him, but I'm willing to bet in the early days of Microsoft he was not someone you'd want to cross. If you had something to say to him, you'd damn well better be able to back it up or he's going to tear you a new asshole.

I used to work for a company started by two guys. The one guy was this tiny guy, with balding hair, a wimpy squeaky voice, and just looked like what some guys would call beta as hell. But if you had business dealings with him, like a meeting or something, it became instantly clear who was in charge. He didn't do it through being an arrogant pushy type. He simply started talking, and everyone in the room immediately knew they needed to be listening to this guy. After one meeting with him, you never mistook him for a wimp again.

• I'm really geeky and nerdy lol
    Marvel comics, i code in SQL every day for obtaining data at work, grew up building computers with my dad, I like math, etc.

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...2d29eaaa09.jpg
    Its truly amazing how much milage I've gotten oujt of that image recenty

• Well, technically.. .. No I'm not going into that. ^.^

• in my opinion no, the whole "alpha" / "beta" thing is all about social skills, not hobbies.

• No, plenty of traditionally 'alpha' men play videogames (like a lot).

• I think it has been over a month since I've seen this alpha/beta/omega bullshit. Here I thought people have come to their senses... guess not :(

• Letting it take over your life, yes. Everyone needs hobbies and interests, but obsessions?

• Yeah.

• Nope.

• I never really thought of myself as "beta".

• Yes... good thing y'all don't know who I am irl

• Nah not really

• No, a lot of them have established careers and make money. Can't go wrong with that.