Women's sports.. why do they feel they deserve equal pay when this happens?

http://www.sportingnews.com/football/news/australia-womens-national-team-matildas-thrashed-by-newcastle-jets-under-15-boys/10frsb95bfutb1gppiiojuc5qm

Cliffs:
-15 year old boys beat Aus national women's league team.

It's like people are seriously deluded and think that women can perform at the same intensity and bring the same entertainment that male athletes can.

Just LOL.

0|1
3|8

Most Helpful Girl

• So 12 year old girls beat men's time in swimming including butterfly-- but I'm sure they don't get paid mire.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know if it's evere occurred to anyone that they could have lost ON PURPOUS?

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow. but maybe it was a fluke? I'll read the article L8tr

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• its not really about can they perform at the same level. it should be about revenue generated. women's tennis players actually generate MORE money for the sport of tennis and yet up until very very recently they received smaller winnings

the US women's soccer team is more successful and thus generates more publicity and revenue (in the last 8 years) than the men's team and yet receive less compensation

the question isn't are women as good as men. the questions should be IF they through their sport generate more money then why should they be paid less?

it's like if you had two salespeople at a job and one made twice as much as teh other and yet made a fraction of the money. where's the logic there?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's really a simple matter of market forces and supply and demand. There is a huge market (and demand for) male sports. The major sports leagues (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL) draw huge audiences and generate a lot of revenue. That pushes the salaries for the players higher. There's just not the same demand to watch women's professional sports. It's not sexist to say that; it's just a fact.

0|0
    0|0
  • The rate of pay for professional sports is and should be determined by the income that is generated by the performance of the team.
    Women's sports attract smaller audiences, therefore have less income potential.

0|1
    0|0
  • Female athletes shouldn't get paid the same because of supply and demand. They may be every bit as good as male athletes (I don't think they are, but I'm not going to argue that), but people don't watch women's sports the way they watch men's. There's a greater demand for male athletes allowing them to demand more money. It's not discrimination, it's economics.

0|0
    0|0
  • because women are bad at math.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmfaoooo how the hell their national team get ass whooped 7-0 by under 15 team

0|0
    0|0
  • because we live in the age of equal pay regardless of equal performance.

0|0
    0|0