What type of clothing should I bring to a two week summer vacation in europe? europeans help please what are the essentials in european summer?

also people who travel oftem to Europe what should i be cautious ( safety) about for example what carry around town back pack or body crossbag how big how small? should i bring my own water bottle and is it expensive? what to bring and what not also how are the hotels in Europe should i bring my own pillow and that type of stuff?
help
(spain, rome, france, amsterdam, england, holland)

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll want to keep weight down with regard to clothes, so just bring stuff that is generic and interchangeable and that you can layer. Be prepared for showers and occasional bouts of bad weather and cold.

With regard to safety, you should mostly be okay. It's like any region, you can do things that make you a target. Be more careful in less public areas and at night. Try and make it look like you know where you're going. Don't wear anything too touristy. Try not to be lumbered with too much stuff. I remember one time I was walking around with my girlfriend, and we were sort of dithering, then three lads started taking an interest and following us. In that situation, be decisive, we walked into a shop. It's the same kind of thing you have to contend with in your own country, I presume. There's nothing overly different, Europe is not overtly dangerous, particularly Western Europe. But thieves and pickpocketers may target touristy areas. So you should be aware of that. Also, you need to look at travel between cities. Are you travelling at night at any time? What are you going to do in that situation to stay safe?

With regard to carrying stuff around, you want to be as light and as un-bogged down as possible, in my view. Don't carry too much crap. I know that's hard for a woman :P

Hotels in Europe, well that depends on your budget really. A basic hotel will provide all the basics. Some stuff is cultural. Can you believe that they don't have kettles in hotels by default in some non-UK countries? :P Don't bring your own pillow. Again, more weight, a hotel will provide that stuff, and extra blankets. If you're desperate, you can always buy something once you get there. You're not travelling to mars. We have shops here :P

Most Helpful Girl

• I would suggest to bring a rain coat, because summer in the Netherlands and Great Britain include a lot of rain. Bring a cardigan or sweater because it can get chilly, but also bring summer clothing like shorts because in Spain and Rome it can get really hot.
    Bringing your own water bottle is never wrong, but it's not like it's all super expensive. Maybe in Spain you can't drink the tap water (or it just isn't very tasty), but in the other places tap water is totally save.
    I'm personally more fan of a backpack, because you can carry more stuff, but don't put your wallet at an easy reachable place like an obvious side pocket. There are pickpockets in some places.
    You don't have to bring your own pillow. You're just going to normal western countries.
    It's good to have an adapter for your chargers since our plugs look different than the ones in America.
    Only tip I can give you is that a coffeeshop in Amsterdam is not an actual coffeeshop but a place where they sell weed. Good luck on your trip.

What Guys Said 1

• Living in England i'd say pack for all seasons our weather right now is so sporadic that it could be summer weather one day and the next it could be a cold Autumn day...

What Girls Said 3

• Pack for all seasons. England has a habit of changing its weather very quickly, can be sunny one day and snowing the next. Make sure you have a rain coat at least and a jumper/sweater. I prefer taking a cross body bag, that way you can keep your hand on it and see it, a backpack can get you pick pocketed unless you can lock it. You won't need your own pillow if you're staying in hotels, you'll also have towels there too. I would buy an adapted for electricals, you can buy them pretty cheaply, that way you can charge your phone and stuff. Water bottles aren't that expensive, depending on where you buy but if you want to bring a bottle and just fill it as needed, you can. Amsterdam can be quite expensive for instance but it depends on where you go. You'll have loads of fun :)

• Take at least one set of warm clothes. It can still get cold and rainy in summer especially in England.

• take some outfits you can layer as some of those places will be warm but others not so. Bring like cardigans and pretty scarves so you can layer up but also keep packing to a minimum