Rate this Mythological creature: The Pegasus?

one of the best known creatures in Greek mythology. He is a winged divine stallion also known as a horse usually depicted as pure white in color. He was sired by Poseidon, in his role as horse-god, and foaled by the Gorgon Medusa. He was the brother of Chrysaor, born at a single birthing when his mother was decapitated by Perseus. Greco-Roman poets write about his ascent to heaven after his birth and his obeisance to Zeus, king of the gods, who instructed him to bring lightning and thunder from Olympus. Friend of the Muses, Pegasus is the creator of Hippocrene, the fountain on Mt. Helicon. He was captured by the Greek hero Bellerophon near the fountain Peirene with the help of Athena and Poseidon. Pegasus allows the hero to ride him to defeat a monster, the Chimera, before realizing many other exploits. His rider, however, falls off his back trying to reach Mount Olympus. Zeus transformed him into the constellation Pegasus and placed him up in the sky.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like it a lot
  • 3/5 meh they are ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like it
  • 1/5 i hate it
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• One of my favorites. :D I played a PC game that described that story of Pegasus stomping its hoof and creating the Hippocrene stream/fountain, whose water was said to inspire and revitalize poets, writers, etc. In the course of the game, you meet your character's childhood hero, who inspired your character to become an adventurer in the first place. But when you meet him, you see that he has become an old, tired man with no more enthusiasm for life. So one of the game's side quests is to find the Hippocrene spring so that you can bring some of the water back to him, which brings him back his joy for living. It was a pretty touching subplot: the old man was once your hero, and then you later become his hero. xD

Plus, Pegasus may have been like the dream of a flying personal car today, but for people back in the day. xD

What Girls Said 11

• Pegasus is magnificent. 5/5

• This one is my favorite 🤗
    www.bl.uk/.../rakhsh.html

• Love them!
    I had this Pegasus stuffed toy as a kid and it was always my fav 😄

• lol that's cute. xD I didn't even know that they made Pegasus plush toys haha! I've seen plushes for almost everything, but never the winged horse for some reason. Maybe it's as rare as the animal it's based on. :P

• Haha "pegacorn". :D But yeah I find that is one of life's great mysteries: where some of our toys as little kids ended up. xD Even a huge-sized toy can just randomly disappear one day when you are a kid, even though you never took it outside of the house, lol!

• @nfigure.. or unicorn? :P
      And Ikr! Whenever I asked my mom about it she pretended not to know anything but I'm sure she's involved 😑

• Pegasus is cool in my book.

• My favourite!!! 😬 If only they were real 😓 I'd stick masking tape on wings on a white horse lol

• They're so fucking gorgeous <3

• It looks beautiful!

• Beautiful ^^

• Rated 5/5 because of Hercules and Sailor Moon.

• I love the Pegasus

• This is my favorite!!!❤❤❤ it's so majestic lol

What Guys Said 9

• I don't think of its history as being interesting, but they are beautiful creatures to look at. I have never seen a black one before. That picture looks really cool.

• MEGA PEGASUS FOR REINDEER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X7S-Bj3QnA

I was never big on horsies.

• Love this guy pretty awesome creature.

• I rate 5/5 cause it looks epic, but it's not my favorite

• 4/5 i like it a lot

• boring

• I love the look of a peagasus.

• That's a hot creature

• Majestic af I wish they were real so I could fly everywhere with it