Have you ever been bullied and has it made you stronger or has it ruined your life?

I was bullied all my life, from age of 5 on wards. I didn't come from a happy home my dad would batter me so that was it, bullied at school and home. I couldn't see well so had to wear really thick glasses and my life was made a complete misery by something I couldn't help. My dad left my mum when I was around 10 and that made the bullies worse they'd laugh because I had no dad and say terrible things. I was called the usually ugly and 4 eyes, I got to high school it got worse, I was spat on and no one wanted to be my friend come gym class people would actually argue over who to take me as neither wanted me in their group. Now an adult I don't have friends still and so socially awkward that I can't make conversation with anyone as I don't know how. It's ruined my life to the impact that I'm aware I'm lonely and that people call a loner or weird. I've had abusive relationship after another and it just does not end for me. Even strangers comment on me calling me ugly. I've victim stamped all over me and an easy target. I don't know how I managed to carry on all these years without killing myself. I went on Facebook and looked up all my old bullies and there a getting on with life with no care and all smiles out with their friends and I can't help but feel bitter towards them. And to think I've possibly another 40 years to be someone else's verbal punching bag.

I mi don't feel angry at them I feel sad for me.

so anyone else got their story to share?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was a young teen (age ~13), there was one guy in school that liked picking on those who were younger (he was about 16).

He harassed me a few times and once I've had enough.
    I've noticed he's parking his bicycle near school. Knowing full well that the only thing this guy likes more than picking on those are younger is speed, I instantly thought of a plan on how to teach him a lesson.

When nobody was watching, I've "tuned" his breaks a little bit that wouldn't allow him to slow down in time if he's riding fast.
    So that day the bastard was unable to slow down on time... and got hit by a car :)

He didn't appear in school for a few months. When he finally arrived, his attitude changed: he stopped picking on people, became introverted and distant.

Apparently he understood that someone got a revenge on him, but due to huge amount of teens that would wish him something like this, he didn't know exactly who it was; yet if he'd continue to behave like this, who knows what would happen next time.

So yeah, it made me stronger; I've dealt with an issue without raising enough suspicion around me for someone to pinpoint me.

Good times.

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest with you, the first thing i'd point out here is that everybody has insecurities and everybody has been bullied at some point in their lives. Those who bullied you during school only bullied you to feel good about themselves - because somebody else was bothering them. You know what i mean?
    Secondly, what you see on social media is not a reflection of somebody's life, but a reflection of what they want others to see their lives as.
    I sympathise for you but I swear I mean this when I say you can't just waste every day feeling sorry for yourself. Who are these people to be happier than you? We're all human beings, born into this world, and luckily for us, with freedom to be who we want to be. Be you, and forget about the past - consider it an experience that shaped you into a stronger person. Remember everybody has shitty experiences, you're just unaware of these people. Don't compare yourself to others, and start living! You don't need anything but self confidence and acceptance and just begin living and being you. These people don't have some advantage you don't have, believe me. And if something about yourself is bothering you, change it. Have fun. Be you. Life is too short.

What Guys Said 17

• I was bullied from 12-14 and it made me stronger, in the beginning I always thought this was not right and someone would step in sooner or later and stop it. Nobody ever did
    But subconciously I continued to think that someone must help me sooner or later. I had a great childhood before that, I had never really experienced anything like this. In the school I was one of the youngest and the smallest and immature for my age. I wasalso hyperactive and impulsive which made me annoying to other kids so it was obvious to everybody but me that I was gonna be the victim.
    It was never super bad but it was stressful. I had no friends at school, the library lady was nice to me, that was it :P. I never had a break because during the break I had to run for it. One day we were waiting for art class and the guy I hated the most was going at me, he had this really smug grin, he was like the evil guy. The others were just like going along or "toughening me up" or something, they weren't bad guys but this guy I think he had like a sadistic streak.

Anyway he was like pushing me, I didn't know what to do even though he was one of the smaller guys he was physically more developed than me he was heavier and older, I was really weak and small. I had waited for it to stop for a long time but it never did, I didn't know what to do anymore even though I didn't believe in my chance I swung my fist at him but it was a really light blow. He had pushed me in the chest again and I was falling backwards over a chair that was standing at the side of the corridor. I was out of options I kinda broke inside I started crying on the floor in front of the whole class. I tried so hard to stop because it was embarassing and especially the girls watching made it worse. But I couldn't stop even though I was trying to force myself to stop I was just sobbing on the floor but somehow in that moment it was when something inside me clicked.

Nobody was going to stop them and I couldn't stop them but my mindset changed. I didn't want to be anybody's friend anymore I decided I was fine by myself, I would only interact with people if they treated me nicely and with respect everybody else could fuck off. Most of this was a subconcious change I didn't really realise it at the time. Beeing fine with beeing by yourself is important if people smell desperation or weakness they will treat you worse. Go to a restaurant or the movies by yourself you don't need anybody that attitude will help you I think.

• Everyone gets bullied for something at some point in their life. Best to not take it so seriously. Know that they are just bullies who come up with random junk to say in order to make someone feel bad.
    Bullying made some parts of me stronger and some parts weaker. When getting bullied in elementary and middle school I started fighting as a way to get back at them. And that got me interested in martial arts. I won almost every fight because I got better moves. So that's the stringer part.
    I also got no friends but at the same time no enemies. No friends or resources can make it hard to communicate in the future. Lack of confidence being around people. Harder to find a job.
    My family is always by my side.
    High school is usually the worst part if life for many people. No surprise there.
    If you try to kick it all aside and start your life from scratch then everything will be fine. Work and think about your future instead if your past.

• Well I had even nowaday but I enter to it again for seeing it, It is still cruel.
    I always prepare for everything in different groups.
    Because every groups has the sysmbols that are popular in it
    I always pretend to be weak before joining it. Then I got bullied then I show the symbols maybe pretend to no be in purpose. Although I do it just for dealing with it. I did not attempt to get high position in these groups.
    Maybe hard to say something in it but maybe it is interesting to see something in it.
    Dont know how do you feel that
    They bully their mates after bullying you
    How do you think of this guy? At least, not your fault.

• Well, some people tried at least, because I got better grades without trying nearly as hard. You, the typical.

• When I was little some kid tried to bully me, I remember I just punched him in his face lmao, didn't try to bully me then

• No I've been the bully and I was then bullied one year sorra then me and my bullied sorta went in on this other kid.

So yeah.

The reason why I say I was bullied sorta is I like to isolate NY self anyway from people and whennthey did talk shit j talk shit back and I wasn't afraind of fighting I enjoyed it. so yeah I had this simk beef with a fat kid in my class but I always busted his chops for being fat and Latino.

Then this black kid came in and we let or diffrnce aside and bullied him or made fun of him.

But yeah

I've never had a issue that I couldn't sovle by slapping someone up who was disrespectful.

I don't like bully's phycial bully that cyber bully shit isn't a real thing. turn ur fucking computer off press block ignore these kids are akuma weak

• Was kind of bullied up until mid secondary school, but the main issue was that I had no friends.
    Ngl I was WEIRD kid back then though, I've changed so much since.
    at the time j actually didn't mind not having friends buT now I don't know how I'd cope! 😁

• I've never been bullied. I learned early on that the best way to deal with bullies, whether right or wrong, was to punch them in the mouth. Never back down. They might be bigger, they might give me a black eye, but I was going hurt them too. I'd make sure that they new I wasn't an easy target.

• I have been and it tore me down before it made me stronger but I'm better for it.

• Yes I was bullied at school from Kindergarden through about 5th grade. I stood up to this jerk after taking karate lessons and then other kids did too. He left the school :).

• Back in middle school, had this dude always picking on me and so it motivated me to do lots of pushup s and stuff to become stronger and bigger because I felt that we might end up fighting. Its good that there wasn't any physical violence involved. Funny thing is that the same dude became my friend at some point.

• All the bullies I knew have successful lives and families and good jobs. I've got zilch. It makes no sense but I guess they succeeded at ruining my life by turning people against me.

• It has ruined my whole high school experience 😢

• I've never been bullied. Reading your story was very disheartening. You must find a way to love yourself. Sometimes past is very painful, but we must learn to let go of our past to build a better future. Forgive but don't forget.

• @polocrew gives wedgies to nerds in his HS

• i had a lot of different kind of shit i had to put up with when i was younger but with a little education and good mentoring I managed to turn it into a strength :)

• Yup I was bullied in high school... and I swore to those losers that I would defeat them in life and I will laugh when their life in shambles.

I am now 25, I finish college, in great shape, great dresser, I'm a senior project manager, I drive a custom Camaro, I have my own place, and I have state of the art stuff.

I still see my enemies of Facebook and they have kids, didn't go to college and work 9-5 jobs at factories.

I occasionally brag about my stuff to piss them off, and a lot of them had deleted me as a result on Facebook.

Serves them right.

What Girls Said 10

• Just Once, In all of the Years that I can Recall and All, And... I found a way to Put This Person on my List of "Fair Weather friends" to the Ends, And learn from my Life's Lesson to Only trust Good And... Me, myself and No one else.
    I don't 'Feel angry at them' but Instead... Sorry for them. These are the Ones not Right in the Head... How sorry.
    Good luck And Always Fight back, You won't be sorry. xx

• @God that is, Not Good. xx

• It's a case with your face, asker, that with name calling this is their way to bring you down to their own Lousy sick level.. I bet you are beautiful, inside and out and they are jealous of it. xx

• Hey girl check out Kind Campaign founded by Lauren Paul (Aaron Paul of Breaking Bad's wife!) She was horribly bullied in school to the point of attempting suicide and now she not only is married to a big time actor, but she also made a documentary and started a foundation to help put a stop to bullying and promote kindness. If that doesn't prove that you can truly come out on top after people have been awful to you, I don't know what does! Keep your head and your standards high, darling, and I wish you all the best!

• I would say both. The bullying has hurt me badly, and it makes me afraid to step outside in anything even as revealing as capris. However, being bullied and hazed has also taught me how to be independent, and how to take care of my own problems without needing other people to help me out.

• Yes, I have been bullied in fourth grade and numerous times in middle school. It wasn't fun, and it killed what little self-esteem I had in middle school.

• It made me perceptive in who i choose to talk to. I also advise for you to avoid toxic people. It's best to cut them off when you see red flags.

• I've never heard of someone calling the other person ugly unless they're in a fight. Who does that? I don't understand

• I've got bullied and It caused me to have minor insecurities.
    But the real bully i'm facing is myself really.

• No impact on me because I knew those trolls were frustrated liars.

• That's not a good way to live if all you felt was resent and saw nothing good for yourself.

• I was teased by kids and my own family since a child and youger than 5 as well. Malested very young by father and no one knew about til i was 20. I was teased even after high school so a lot of my life, i actually began to get depressed before high school so its still hangs around on me, i teased for my weight but there were people in school whi were much fatter than me and only did i have to put up with that i barely ever spoke about the fact that i this servere menstrual cyle abnormal and a hormone imbalance, i did wish at times in high school to die even walking home i would saying stuff to myself about a car hitting me. Was called names like big mac semi trailer jenny craig hamburger can i some rolls etc that didn't help as my last name is Heckenberg. And also with the part of my family picking on my mum kept always telling me i ate to much but i didn't eat at school much so i at time i would go with out food and have days when i would buy junk food and eat nearly a full bag of cookies once i got home to my bedroom and still eat my dinner. And as my brother picked on me coz i had to do special education instead of normal school and he would say special ed in a mean way and says to me weird name about my weight.