Have you ever been inside a jail or prison?

I have as a visitor twice. Once was a tour with a summer camp for the local anti drugs club. The second time was as a volunteer for a day camp for children whose dads were in prison, so the camp sent the kids to Tennessee to spend the day with the dad in prison. Of course it was the model inmates and held in the recreation hall of the prison. They got to play games, eat outside food (food that wasn't made in prison) and lots of. other things. Even if it was just one day, it made the kids happy and the inmates happy. So have you ever been in a jail or prison?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• i got a dui back in 2010 and it was my first and only run in with the law. so the judge gave me a week in jail but in reality i basically went to jail ate dinner went to sleep ate breakfast then they told me to go home lol. i think it was more to scare me then to punish me to be honest. i was seriously in jail fifteen hours i didn't even take a shower.

What Girls Said 12

• I have. Literally, no one that I went in for/with someone to visit was worth a lump of rat poop to me.

*it was a small jail

• Well, I have been inside a county jail.

• Yes, I have a couple of times as a visitor as well.

• I went once when I was in elementary school. I think the purpose was to show us how terrible it is and to never end up in one haha

• yes I have I went to visit an inmate only once. I have also toured some old prisons that are not in use

• Nope, never been to one.

• I think I know the program you mentioned. I forget the name of it though

• It wasn't a scared straight program, the people who went on this tour were not ordered to nor were they in trouble.

• It was a one time deal. The ministry came to our church to tell us about the program. The prison the event was going to be held at was in our town. So I signed up to volunteer. We had to undergo background checks and training to even volunteer for the camp. Of course we had to be scanned at the prison too.

• Thankfully just for a tour!

• No. Never.
    Now that I think about it, I want to take a look.

• Yes but both weren't operational.

• I've went inside a jail once before I think

• Yes I have.

What Guys Said 18

• can't say i haven't sampled the other side of those bars... it was just courthouse though so no biggie.

• No, but I do wanna visit one just to see what it's like. Take a tour or something like that. Interests me a little. I've only seen it in movies. Probably different from what it's really like.

• Honestly, from my experience it's not really like what they showed on TV much. But then again the only prisoners we had interaction with or were allowed to see the cellblock of was the model prisoners.

• Took a couple tours with LA County Sheriff's.. Name of the facility is called Twin Towers. Was more of a disgusting place rather then badass as most people would think. People defecating on themselves screaming and spitting on deputies..

• Yes. It was such profound experience to see how people subjugate themselves. To feel the loss of the most basic rights. To simply be an affliction, a malady, some deformity to be corrected.

• Yeah.

• Does doing the Alcatraz tour count?

• Several times to interview prisoners, once to apply for a job as a guard.

• nope, luckily not. also not as visitor

• They took us in grade school to show us why we shouldn't end up there.

• Only as a visitor, fortunately.

• nope, and I never want to be inside one

• Nope I wouldn't go to one

• Yes I have. For a crime I didn't commit.

• Nah.. But id have no problem going if the situation calls for it

• I've been to our county jail at least once a week, sometimes daily. But as a police officer, it's to be expected. I honestly hate going to the jail, just not a great place to be even tho I'm only dropping someone off

• I've been arrested several times and have done three months in the county jail... i was in a street gang as well... so it was routine for a lot of us... peace

• Yes, both civilian jail and military jail.

• I'm the #1 prison guard so to speak.