Do You Wash Your Hands After Using The Bathroom?

I'm a very hygienic guy, so what I am about to tell you caught me by surprise this morning. My roommate had extremely bad diarrhea this morning. As soon as he was done, he just came out of the bathroom without washing his hands! We have a very small place, so I hear everything. I heard the diarrhea, I heard him wipe, I heard him flush... and then he instantly came out of the bathroom.

My dad also does the same thing. Like, he will wash his hands when he goes number 2... but he won't wash his hands after going number 1. Same with my 2 brothers. It's disgusting.

Do you guys wash your hands after using the bathroom?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course! Anyone who doesn't is just nasty.

Most Helpful Guy

• I only do in my house. if i'm in a public bathroom it depends

if it's number 1: i wash my hands before i go to the bathroom. then i use a paper towel to open the doors on the way out
    if it's number 2: i was my hands before and after and still use a paper towel exiting the bathroom

my biggest thing (and i'm somewhat ocd in the bathroom) is the most germs in a bathroom on flushers, faucets and doors. so i wash my hands upon entering to clean before i touch myself and then don't touch any surfaces after i'm done

What Girls Said 12

• Some people use an antibacterial thing for their hands, opposed to using water. So when I see people leaving toilets without washing I don't want to necessarily judge them because I would like to believe they've used that instead.

• I'm afraid that I may be the only one in my house hold that does... That thought makes me wash my hands even more often xD

• Yes , hygiene is very important to me.

• Most of the time when I go number 1, if my hands don't touch anything I don't wash my hands. I do wash my hands after number two though.

• Vote A. Its habit.

• That's nasty, I wash my hand everytime I use the bathroom

• Yeah :)
    Mostly my special days :)
    İm hygienic too 😊😊😊😄

• yes its disgusting not to

• The fact anyone voted no is shocking and disgusting

• I wash when I go #2 or I'm in a public restroom. If I go #1 at home, I don't wash.

• Always. Always. Always. And did I mention always!

• There's no way in hell I'll touch a public sink / soap dispenser. I carry hand sanitizer everywhere I go. I feel that washing your hands in a public washroom is dirtier than touching the handles and washing. I use my sweater sleeve or a shirt to open doors and lock stalls then I hover over the toilet seat never sit on it. Bleh public bathrooms

What Guys Said 11

• Every time. I used to have stomach problems which caused me to get frequent stomach pain. I started washing my hands and kitchen equipment more often and longer to make everything as clean as possible. I might have a problem with being 'too' clean now.

• Washing your hands all the time can be damaging to your immune system. Also many times washing your hands just makes them able to pick up harmful microbes... In fact using certain types of antibacterial soaps can damage the ecosystem of good bacteria (yes you have good bacteria too) on your skin and this is not good for your health at all.

• Don't be absurd. In fact, my house-cleaning staff washes the bathroom after I'm done gracing it with a visit.

• If I pee without touching anything then I don't always wash them. If I shit I always wash my hands.

• Uh yeah it's kind of common sense.

• if i take a shit yes if i take a piss rarely.

• Yes I do all the time

• only at work

• Yes always, and I absolutely agree, its disgusting if you don't.

• I probably wash my hands about ten times a day.

• Shit - yes
    Piss - no