Am I the only one annoyed by hate against mainstream artists?

Take Justin Bieber, I'm definitely not a fan of him, be it his style or attitude or music, but how the internet tells him to die, how he should be contained in Canada etc. is going too far for me.

• I am annoyed by the hate and like mainstream artists.
  • I am annoyed by the hate and don't like mainstream artists.
  • I am not annoyed by the hate and hate mainstream artists.
  • I am not annoyed by the hate and like mainstream artists.

Most Helpful Girl

• as a teen, it annoyed me. now I just find it lame and ignore it. but I absolutely agree that many people take it waaay too far. its kinda scary how some behave simply because they don't like someone's music.

Most Helpful Guy

• Voted B. It's definitely annoying when people hate on it beyond just saying they don't like it. Especially when they go so far as to insult and threaten the musician as a person, like wtf? Why do people waste their time on that shit? The other annoying thing is that they usually don't even have that varied of tastes themselves... I'm sure the music I like is less mainstream than 9/10 of those people, but I don't go around saying their music sucks and insulting the artists.

• What's even more annoying is people who listen to classic rock and stuff like that hating on more modern mainstream music, saying it's not real music because it's made on a computer, etc. Yet the generation before them certainly said the same things about their music. Like yeah we get it you have a nostalgic / emotional attachment to stuff, that doesn't make some youngin's music any less real. Everyone's music is art whether or not you like it

What Girls Said 2

• It doesn't affect me either way as I am not a hipster/mainstream artist etc.
    So I don't care either way.

• I think even if you don't like them don't hate them cause they have to work hard to be an artist

What Guys Said 13

• i'm not annoyed by the hate and i like SOME mainstream artists

it's funny how it is. mainstream is ever changing. when i was growing up bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam were mainstream/trendy/popular and were hated by the establishment and now they are considered a sort of classic rock

hell the rolling stones, led zeppelin and others were considered by the establishment to be a mainstream pop fad... and now they are considered some of the greatest bands in the world

Keith Richards (of the rolling stones) put it best when asked why when justin bieber approached him in a club he didn't shrug him off... he said essentially I was once treated the same as that kid. they said my music was bland, simplistic, and wouldn't last. so i support musicians who believe in what they do regardless if i like the music or not

• i think if he wants to sing and make perfume for girls that has odd names like girl friend on it. thats his business. i dont really see then the hate for the kid he is doing better than most artists do that have been around for a few years. he knows what it takes to keep relevant. its stupid how some people act over it.

i dont like his music because thats way out of music range because its to soft music wise , but im not gonna trash him or something just because he isn't in my genre of music.

• While this subject has merit , there are much more important things to occupy my time. So in many cases these artists make their own fane base and hate base. Let them sort it out in the same manner that started it

• Never noticed. Probably don't pay attention to that stuff. I could care less what others say about them. I got my own opinions.

• I don't particularly like some of the mainstream artists

But it's definitely not because they are mainstream artists.

• As a man, I am not annoyed with the hate and I absolutely loathe mainstream artists!

Those women are lol over them, but I have a seething hatred in my heart that can only be satisfied with metal and industrial music. Not that pop, hip hop, country, or indie rock garbage.

• I'm not annoyed by the hate because I hate them.
    It's not that I think they're not talented or anything like that, I'm just jealous.

• I'm just annoyed by Justin Bieber.

• Voted B — not really that annoyed by it but I will defend mainstream artists whose music I dislike if they're bashed for no reason.

• are you talking about hollywood artists?

• When speaking of justin bieber you should replace the word "mainstream" with horrible or douchey.

• Many "artists" deserve it. Actually since late 90s music industry is SHIT in every genre more or less. Especially Rock. Well Rock's humiliation started earlier since fucking Grunge became a trend. Many today's "Rock" artists have been influenced by Grunge. Have you ever listened to any good Rock songs since 1991 or so? Personally not.

I don't accept how every faggot and every whore makes tons of money by destroying music.

• Why are you so bitter for one? And how is pre-90's rock any better? The song structures are always incredibly simple/elementary and a lot of the vocalists can't even sing.

• @frozenhorizon They... weren't mainstream? Are you serious? OK about Angel, but APP and Asia had one big hit each in 1982. "Eye In The Sky" and "Heat Of The Moment" respectively. But those weren't so definitive songs about their whole work. They were album bands mostly.

Mainstream music was good till 80s. 90s as well, but NOT Rock-related genres. 1975-1987 was the Golden Era for Rock music in my opinion. 1988-1991 was "OK". But since 1991 when Grunge appeared and fucking Nirvana became a Mainstream band Rock died. Nirvana and fucking Grunge destroyed everything.

• Oh yeah you could check out Cynic too, they started out as death metal but now they just do progressive rock. Disclaimer though I only like their metal albums, lol.

• The Internet is inanimate. It does not tell anyone anything.