What Would Your 8 Year Old Self Think Of Who You Are Today? Would they be proud of you?

My 8 year old self would be very angry that I wasn't a Famous Actor/Comedian but would be happy that I was in the Navy at one point. Still I doubt that I would be able to defend a lot of actions to him. Over all I think he would glare at me in disapproval.

What about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• SHe'd probably be like

"Where are your boobs?"
    "Your boyfriend is cute."
    "I'm glad you finally live with mom."
    "Why are you so sad all the time?"

She would probably be dissapointed to see that I still hate myself as much as i did then, btu she'd be happy that im slowly getting better.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... I think he would be a little disappointed that I'm not a private detective or a fighter jet pilot.

Other than that, I think he'd say I have a pretty cool life. 😎

What Girls Said 16

• She would be angry because I am not that into Nursing anymore. She wanted me to become a nurse so bad someday.

She would be proud because I've overcame depression and I've conquered my fear: public speaking. That has became my strength now.

She would be shocked at all the medals I've received all along times I win at contests because she believed that I was going to be dumber and even dumber and weaker in the long run.

• My 8 year old self would be proud about how much my language skills have improved (esp. english) and all the things I've learned in general.

She would be disappointed and wondering why I'm not living by myself & studying in a foreign country.

She would be fascinated to know that I'm willing to work with the film industry.

8 year old me will be surprised to know all my groups of friends. In friendship I went through what we call "started from the bottom, now I'm here". Back in the day I used to have only one friend and maybe a few imaginary friends, lol! Now I'm friends with different groups of people.

She'll be glad to know that I'm still head over heels in love with the color pink. Back in the day I had an obsession with the color pink. I was quit girly and I still am.

Overall, 8 year old self will be proud to know I'm a woman now and not a kid anymore.

• Hahahha my 8 year old self would e awed that I have a boyfriend, and a very cute one at that :D She would be super pissed I didn't become a princess, but since I started wanting to be a lawyer at 8 and 7 years later its the same I think she would also be proud, damn I miss being a kid :D

• She would be surprised that I am still alive at 26.

• My 8 year old self would be very upset with where I am right now in life... I dropped out of medical school... turned down pharmacy school after that for a not as good field (pay wise), still living with my parents and not being able to stand up to them and marry the man I want.

• They would be amazed at the places I traveled too but then not care to much. :D

• she'd be impressed asf, i got what i wanted although she might be mad at me since i promised that i'd never be like an adult. that i'd never stop eating candy and never stop watching cartoons. so she'd wanna fight me cuz i stopped both lmao

• I think my 8 yr old self would be proud of how I am today. Yes she would be disappointed that I didn't become a professional singer or professional musical theater actress. But that was kinda expected considering how shy I was and on top of being shy issues created by my mom. My 8yr old self would be proud of how I've overcome my issues and that I am now confident, outgoing and not afraid anymore.

• She would be quite disappointed in me. She wanted me to be an archeologist and a doctor. I think she would be proud with some of the experiences I've had over the years like overcoming my fear of the water, but would be angry that I am no longer close to the friends she used to call "sisters" and we're all not living together and working in some foreign country.

• glaring at me with disapproval for not pursuing my dreams hard enough
    but pleasantly surprised that i still like minnie mouse :p

• As i was a kid who loves drawing, probably yes, cuz i've learned in art n design major, although i'm not a famous artist yet, at least i didn't move to the other disciplines.

• No they wouldn't. Professional everything is great. Professional, not so much

• my 8 year old self would be shocked with herself that I did all those things I shouldn't have done.

• My 8 year old self would think I'm awesome, especially if she found me wearing my corsets and boots!

• She would think Im weird because I have a boyfriend. Boys have cooties

• Yes because I'm going to school for teaching

What Guys Said 15

• They wouldn't be surprised much, they'd be happy about the tons of information I've learned over time, steps I've taken, and the accomplishments. They'd be happy about how they turned out physically too.
    Then they'd look me square in the eye and be like "you kill that bitch yet?"
    lol.. i was a mouthy 8yr old.

• Maybe not proud, but satisfied. I imagined I would be in college (I am), I imagined that I wouldn't be fat (I'm not). But I imagined I would have more money and that I wouldn't be single at 22.

• Well, I'd have a lot of explaining to do. I know a lot more about both myself and the world than I did at 8 years of age, and it would be difficult to hold a conversation with myself at that age (for example, 8 year old me: "What is this giant square thing that doesn't have any buttons?" Present me: "That's a tablet." 8 year old me: "What the hell is a tablet?").

• I'm not doing good and I wasn't doing good in high school. This is what he'd look at me like: i0.kym-cdn.com/.../template.jpg

• My 8 year old self would be amused at how accurately he predicted my outcome. He'd then just ask where we went wrong.

• I'd like to start off by thanking you for your service.

Anyway, my 8 year old self would be pissed that I'm not in the MLB.

• I think my eight year old self would be like "Who the fuck are you."
    I'm a very different almost unrecognizable person

• Yes and no. I'm not nearly as successful as I thought I would be at 8. But I am the type of person I thought I'd be at 8 (I'm not a suit or working in a cubicle).

• dam strtait i have had to come along way from some shit i had to deal with at a young age im happy :)

• Who cares what that little shit thinks

• Honestly i would probably think i was really cool
    I've always stayed true to myself and im proud of myself for that so if 8 year old me doesn't like it he can take a hike

• He would be very very very disappointed in me

• Would think that i did what everybody thought it's impossible

• Nope, he would be sad that he never found love.

• I really don't care...