I am going to New Orleans for Christmas, any ideas what to do?

My family decided instead of presents for Christmas, we will all pitch in some money and go to New Orleans instead. I made a my take and I mentioned how I would love to go to New Orleans and this what I said of what I would to do.
I would love to go the French Quarter, World War 2 museum, and a voodoo tour would be really cool. Plus I would love to get some beignets and hear live jazz music. Any ideas what to do and since it will be Christmas, does New Orleans do anything special for Christmas?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're into haunted houses, I think they give tours of this one house that's supposedly one of the most haunted. I forget the name, but the lady went through like 3 husbands who all died mysteriously and she tortured slaves in her house. On second thought, maybe this isn't the best choice for Christmas :/

• Actually that's a great idea I love haunted places and its on my bucket list to go to a house that is considered truly haunted. That sounds like an awesome idea, I need to find the name of that house.

What Guys Said 4

• Eat Cajun food

• Eat lots of cajun food,
    That stuff rocks

• Gumbo eat that it's bomb af

• I do

What Girls Said 2

• Gotta indulge in the southern yummy foods. Pralines are the shiz. Or at least do praline pecan ice cream. I once had some New Orleans Praline Pecan ice cream and it was to die for deliciousness.

• I live about 2 hours from the Big Easy. You must go through Christmas in the Oaks.