Would you rather be admired and looked after for your good looks/nice body or respected/liked for your intelligence/wisdom/personality?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Girls Said 22

• I want to be admired for my looks of course!
    It's just about value in numbers here...

There is no way all people in this world can admire your personality, see you as you are, or respect you. If everyone admires you, they either never met you, or you have no personality and you stand for nothing.
    As for being revered for my wisdom/smarts... Eh, it doesn't give me a boner. Don't care. As long as I get respect and heard from people I respect in turn, I'm good.

But if the general public finds me hot first and foremost and focuses more on that, (besides all the numerous hot-girl benefits) it will draw them in enough, for me to get to show my true self and then see who sticks around liking me for my brain as well.

• The latter, for sure. I like to be recognized and respected for my deeper attributes like my intelligence and personality.

• My intelligence/wisdom/personality.

Those can last forever and even expand, while looks may fade. The beauty of your soul can shine through to the beauty of your body.

• Respected for intelligence, wisdom, and personality.

• Why not both? :P

• The latter

• It doesn't matter really. I like to be admired for my brain, but I also like some appreciation for my body cause I work my ass off to earn it. Most guys assume a good looking girl is stupid or shallow, but the best part is.. when they're proofed wrong :)

• Respected for intelligence/wisdom/personality since looks fade with age.

• Both lol

• second one

• it depends, am i dumb if im pretty? then no, if im not dumb and im admired for my beauty sure

• The latter...

• I would rather be respected and liked for my intelligence wisdom and personality

• Personality for sure!

• Both.

• The latter, absolutely.

• looks

• I would rather be respected or liked for my personality & intelligence then my looks.

• Good looks get a woman farther with men, but wisdom get her farther in life.

• looks fade but if you get a phd you can always make people call you doctor.

• Respected and liked because of intelligence/wisdom/personality. I know it sounds like a cliche at first, but I know many guys and girls who aren't that beautiful. Don't get me wrong, they aren't ugly either, but I have seen people that have better physical characteristics than them. And yet, they are more charming and more interesting than people who are there just as a decoration. It's the best if you have both, but personality is something that can really change how you are looked at no matter how you actually look like

• Respected

What Guys Said 17

• respected/liked for your intelligence/wisdom

looks fade and i'd rather be respected and admired for something not superficial like looks

• Much rather be respected/liked for what I know/wisdom. Being sought/approached for your looks is fine, but it only gets you so far, believe me on that.

• Why not both ✌

• The former. Women do not sleep with men they respect so no matter how good of a 'compliment' it may be, it really means nothing. Give me the superficiality of looks and confidence any day.

• A bit of both if I am being honest.

• Personality. I'm ain't no looker and I do find cute girls hot but I don't pursue when I haven't gotten a cracked of their personality

• People admire me for looks, and personality. They say i have a nice body, and i'm idiot for not going to the gym to look even better (i started going to the gym recently). Intelligence and wisdom are missing.

• I've been admired for intelligence for decades, it would be nice to just be hot for a while, thanks.

• Respected/liked for my intelligence/wisdom/personality.

• Whichever is more effective on the surrounding individuals.

• It depends. You can be liked for the latter but still not get laid. That presents a problem lol.

• Good looks rarely change the world.

• Ideally, I would choose both... but if I had to pick - aesthetics > everything

• respected for wisdom, intelligence and personality.

• I get enough praise about my intelligence, wisdom, and personality. That means nothing to me. I am not trying to brag. You don't even have to be that well educated to know more than most people. Just look at the Jerry Springer show. The Jerry Springer show is the average person, except they show traits on that show that they normally try to hide. Why do you think the reality stars are so admired? It isn't for their minds.

People don't seem to care about things like intelligence as much as they claim they do. I am the backup guy. The guy that will treat a stepchild, like his own child. I am not the guy that women want to have a child with. I want to be the first choice for once. That means I would much rather be admired for my body, than my mind.

At this point any compliment toward my intelligence, I take as an insult. Those are the kind of compliments you give ugly people, when you can't think of anything else nice to say to them.

• Gor my intelligence

• I don't like being openly admired, it feels kind of creepy. It's OK if people just show admiration indirectly.