When you go to an interview and decided not to take the job, does the interviewer ever get mad?

I don't know just curious cause I had two interviews in one day, and got hired on the spot by one of them and then a few days later I got a call from my first interview saying that they wanted to hire me and I had to tell them that I went to another interview and got hired on the spot and that they wanted me to start soon and they didn't seem to happy cause they kinda just said ok good luck and kinda hung up.. Does it happen a lot? Or do they feel it wasted their time?

Most Helpful Guy

• they may be frustrated because they thought they had a good candidate but they aren't mad at you.

i did the job of hr, recruiting for two years. it was really frustrating at times but that is the life. you learn to always hedge your bets so try to get multiple good candidates. and you learn to never assume you have a position filled until someone walks in on the day to start the job

Most Helpful Girl

• They have no right to get mad. I had 6interviews in one day and 3 scheduled the next day. I got hired on the spot for one on the second day.

I had no idea what I wanted when I started applying for jobs I just went on a site and applied to every job because I was so unhappy with the job I had. I went to the first interview knowing that the interview I wanted was setup for the next day and I was almost guaranteed the job. I went to every single one of my interviews I asked questions I seemed beyond interested in every single one and they all told me they would be in touch. The next day I got the job I preferred. I got 5 call backs within the same week and I apologized to them and said that I was no longer available. A few of them told me it was a standing offer. If I changed my mind they'd be happy to hear from me.

At no point did I feel bad. They interviewed more than me so why would they only expect for me to only interview with them

What Guys Said 4

• You didn't waste their time that's what they get paid to do it's in their contract... That's apart of their job. To answer your question, an interviewer should never get mad unless they are on some sort of commission that gets paid when you hire someone. Their hopes were probably raised up since they thought they just hired a individual who was interested only to find out that you're working elsewhere.

• It could be anything... they could have felt like they wasted time... or just really dissappointed because they really needed someone. In any case it has nithing to do with you. Thats just how capitalism works.

• I would be annoyed too, but not much.

• Not that uncommon. Though you're taking a job on the spot is. More commonly, if you were interested in the first, you could have contacted them and said 'I've got another offer'.

But typically the same people are getting offers everywhere, it's how things work.

What Girls Said 3

• No, they keep it nice and professional. I tell them about taking another offer as soon as I know, though. Can't expect them to be really happy about it, but they shouldn't give you a hard time over it. I'm sure they have other candidates.

• It feels like a waste of time but it's part of bussniess. I would also much rather someone tell me I can't take the job then show up for two days then say they realize it's not for them.

• They have many other candidates. The company will go on without you.