"Both", is this the future of well-formed opinions?

Both.

I never thought a word could be so poisonous because I never realized that it would become the definition for indecision and political correctness rolled into one. I miss, perhaps with a hint of nostalgia, the days when opinions were strong rather than these wishy-washy logical assertions.

Like when people say not to generalize. That is fucking stupid. It is, in fact, stupid. And it bothers me to the core because OBVIOUS generalizations have to be "explained"? When did my generation turn tail and stop facing the issues before them becoming nitpicking little turds worried about word choice?

I mean I listen to people talk about how giving everyone a trophy is stupid but when it comes to an opinion some weird interjection is made like "well SOME people are like that" as if, for some fucking reason, the word "some" explains anything. In logic the word "some" means "at least one". That's it. It's not a bold statement to say "someone out there has probably lost their debit card." No fucking shit.

Why am I mad though? Because people don't mad anymore. They try to do bullshit like "agree to disagree", which by the way doesn't make sense in context because that literally means that there is a sound basis (sound, another logical term people can't fucking understand) for their disagreement. It ISN'T based solely on your goddamn opinion. You don't "agree to disagree" on fucking climate change. YET somehow I see people actually agreeing to disagree... on FUCKING CLIMATE CHANGE!

My generation has the most graduates and educated people the world has ever known and can't, no worse, won't hold a goddamn opinion with some conviction. I wish you all would man up. "That's sexist!", yeah, it is also a saying, you whiny piece of shit.

• Men are better
  • Women are better
  • Both are better!

Most Helpful Guy

• i agree. The biggest killer of any intellectual discussion in 2016 is the phrase, ".. but not all [x] are like that" Unless all of [x] are like that, you can't talk about it because the exceptions, regardless of their numbers in the real world, negates the rule.

What Girls Said 3

• how many people here are gonna whine about how people calling out generalisations are annoying?
    no, generalisations can be explained, but their exceptions ALSO have to be explained, which a lot of people dont do because they like to place everyone and everything into little boxes.

Not everyone is gonna fit into a little box, and people who live like that will never stay silent on generalisations. case in motion.

• " ... and people who live like that will never stay silent on generalisations." <- Irony. Aren't you going to explain to me what the exceptions to this rule are?

Let's not do this again.

• "but their exceptions ALSO have to be explained." The irony lies in the fact that you made a generalization, stated that the exceptions have to be explained, but then failed to follow your own rules.

You are free to your opinion. I just like them elsewhere far, far away from me.

• logic on point dude, you're so intelligent wow so attractive.
      bite me.

• Both are shit, both are great. Neither gender is better than the other.

• "Better" is a pretty subjective word for you to throw out during your big ball rampage. 😂

The anti PC crowd tends to suck just as bad as the SJWs for throwing out slurs and phrases like "everyone knows" as "evidence" ...

• I don't think that being PC is bad. I think that Negrodamuss said it best,

"The biggest killer of any intellectual discussion in 2016 is the phrase, ".. but not all [x] are like that" Unless all of [x] are like that, you can't talk about it because the exceptions, regardless of their numbers in the real world, negates the rule."

There are no convictions anymore. People don't present "evidence", because they don't even know what "evidence" is anymore. "Evidence" could hurt someone's feelings so instead they pose obscene hypotheticals that render inert the world.

If anything my war is on both if I must wage war. We have abandoned reason and taken up two camps, red and blue, "Anti-PC and SJWs", both of which are so far off the mark it leads to crap like this where we fondle our mental genitals talking about how "subjective" things are instead of actually defending our opinions.

I think this went over too many heads.

What Guys Said 2

• i said both because its ight down the middle for both gys and girl. but i see yor complain it was just staring to get like this whn i was in school. everyone wants everyone to be sensitive to others feelings etc. it evolved into agree to disagree for the simple fact that arguing is to bold of timid people.

not saying your generation is timid but i have seen a lot of people wanting to get angry but they back down and just walk away mumbling to themselves. its confusing as hell. and its even more complicated with today's young adults.

• Exactly. It's a horrible trend.

• Now I feel old. T_T

But I'm not. I have a ways to go before I get wise.

• dont feel old because then i will feel older than i am lol, but dont worry about being wise, there is a saying that goes just because im older doesn't mean im wiser , it just means i made more mistakes than you. if i remember it right lol

• Both are sometimes better in their own unique way.