Would you ever stand up against a police man (no matter what country you are from)? And if so, why?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Depending on the situation and keeping in mind where I live unfortunately. I've slammed a door in a cops face and done other shit but nothing while something serious is happening.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• Yes and no. I would not put myself in a position where a police officer can manipulate the story and taze or shoot me for no necessary reason at all. But I would stand up to them by going to their superior and if needed, involving a lawyer, or telling the story to a news reporter/blogging about it/spreading the news. There are too many cops these days that act like sociopathic bullies and thugs. Other than the notorious stories of unarmed black men and children being murdered and seeing no justice in court, there’s the Asian cop that racked up a long list of rapes, there was a story in FL about a white woman who called the cops because her son was suicidal and they sicked their attack dog on him then later bragged about it via text. There are stories of uninformed cops attacking people for petty, stupid stuff like a scrawny white middle-aged man hitting the roof of his car because he almost hit him while he was riding a bike.

There is clearly an epidemic of cops with control issues and psychopathic like tendencies. My safety and wellbeing is more important than trying to address whatever crazy ass issues have been brewing inside of them for decades within our brief interaction.

• If the officer was wrong I would stand up to him or her, but I live in Canada and they are not as trigger happy as in the states :/ so it's not really dangerous to stand up to police here. One time I was being questioned about my friend's grandparents beating her (and me :/ when I stayed over one night) and the cops were claiming that the grandparents were too frail to beat us and they were not listening to me. So eventually I just had to shout that the grandpa's hobby is boxing even though he's in his 60's and that yes he was very capable of beating his granddaughter. And the cop just apologised for talking over me and finished taking my statement so sometimes you have to.

• That's just stupid.

• in the US, yes.. IF it doesn't seem like the cop will attack me in any way. in any foreign country, fuck no

• No, even if resisting was justified, I would let them aren't me or do whatever procedure the deem necessary than sue after for unlawful arrest.

• Only If i had a legitimate reason to.

• If they were hurting someone unnecessarily or breaking the law, you bet I'd stand up to them.

• If you're in trouble then it's your fault why argue curse threaten or etc. take the ticket go to jail and learn from the mistake. Period. Thank you. People bitch about the police all the time yet those same people turn around and bitch cause the police aren't there when I need them. Go figure.

• No because under those circumstances, the law isn't on your side

What Guys Said 16

• I have. We had obtained a forcible entry order from a judge, and a city police captain tried to interfere with the execution of that order. The captain, lieutenant, and a uniformed sergeant showed up and acted like they were responding to a breaking and entering call. The constable who was going to kick the door in just stood there with his mouth open as that asshole captain and I argued back and forth. I told him it would be wise for him to call the city attorney before thinking about making any arrests. The lieutenant and sergeant were smart enough to keep out of it. When he called city hall, he found out that the city attorney was also our attorney and was the one who helped us obtain the entry order. The city cops left, the constable kicked down the doors, and we recovered our illegally held property and left. Just because they have a badge doesn't mean they're always right. Funny side note, that captain was fired from the force about 2 years later for groping two dispatchers. Karma's a bitch. :-D

• When I was younger I took unspeakable pleasure in it. Though of late it would require far more effort than the reward would warrant as a general rule. Though there are exceptions!

• Don't mess with the cops. Let them do their job, it will go far better for you and them if you just shut up and cooperate.

File all the complaints, demand all the investigations, make all the fuss you want AFTERWARDS but when it's you and the police officer there on the street, don't be a jerk because you WILL lose.

• If they're doing stuff they shouldn't, yes.

• And if they pursue things they should by things they shouldn't? Like shooting a suicidal?

• Well, depends on the way they're shooting at him.

• If they're shooting at the person to get them down, they're still doing their job. Given, they've run out of options, and are forced to shoot.

• Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's right, further police do not always follow the law. One of the reasons to fight is to defend those who are unable to defend themselves.

• Nope,
    I would however film our interaction and take them to court If I thought they were in the wrong

• No. I can't see a set of circumstances where I would need to. A message to those who say yes; they have the power to make your life hell. Just shut your yap and cooperate.

• 0|0
  • im black an officer would shoot me and sprinkle some cocaine on me and plant a gun and become a hero.

• If the police were rampantly violating the constitution.

• No. Because mostly they actually try to do their job and I'm trying to get back to mine.

• I never had trouble with police in my life, but if i would, it depends on the situation.

• That all depends on what you mean by "stand up to"..

• I have & lost. He was being a real ASS. Of course I went to jail for disorderly conduct. I filed a complaint against him. I'm not sure what the follow up was.
    I went to court. I had a fast talking lawyer, got supervision & had that expunged a year later.
    Yes I have gotten smart with them again IF they get smart with me first. Best things about smartphones is you can make them think you're recording them even if you're not.
    I will add Chicago cops have never been smart with me. They have too much crap do deal with. It is the holier then thou suburban cops.

• If my family's life is in danger then yes. Just because they're cops doesn't mean that they're incapable of doing wrong.

• I always do, they are such liars so I always call them out on what they think I did and I know the laws pretty good since I drive as a profession