I don t get it why people on this site usually identify a lady with a girl who is shy and reserved?

don t tell me no. I ve read it here several times on the comment section and it just baffles me how people usually still believe in those lame stereotypes.
so the first ladies of the america were shy and reserved?
hilary clinton?
amal clooney?
a female can impose herself be outspoken and social and still be a lady lol

of the america lol
I wanted to say the states then noticed I should say america so you sort off got a mix hurrah xD

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really and that's not a lady is neither is a lady an outspoken and very social woman or a woman who is shy and reserved, a lady is simply an old fashioned term used to say woman instead of actually saying woman, lady is also used to describe a woman of superior social status or noble birth such as a duchess, princess, countess, noble woman or viscount etc.

Further more a lady sf someone who has was raised properly and has proper manners and etiquette and adheres to the proper rules of society. That is also what a a gentleman is as well, not a man who treats women right or nice but a man raised with proper manners and etiquette. This is what elevates a man to a gentleman and a woman to a lady besides social status this is also what constitutes class.

A lady like a gentleman knows when to open her mouth and speak up and when to keep it shut, when to argue and when to agree, when to speak up and when not to, is humble not arrogant. They are not crass and a lady like a gentleman would be ashamed should their deeds not match their words. Among many other things this is what makes a woman a lady, It is a mindset, a way of life and a mentality. Anyone can be heroic from time to time but being a lady and a gentleman is something you have to be all the time.

And your not helping your case by using Hillary as an example she is almost everything a proper lady is not, she is rude, she is cruel, arrogant, and crass the only thing her and a lady have in common is superior social status and even that will be going away very soon when she's in prison.

Anyway that is what a lady is, you may not agree with this and might not even like it, but that is what a lady has been for hundreds of years and that is what one shall be for hundreds more.

• No correct that a my opinion too.
      About hillary well I don t follow her a lot, I am not American and I just used her as an example since she s in politics.

• Hahaha surprise surprise 😝😝

• Haha yeah always full of surprises you are.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's mostly the young people who like to say shy and reserved since they are a confused generation and don't know their own strengths because they feel they need society's approval to thrive or become what the common stereotype is mentioned.

I notice the guys love to call on girls who speak/defend themselves and can't see eye to eye and they get wrongly perceived as 'aggressive' or 'feminist' that is a man hater.

What Guys Said 24

• Oh trust me, I have been around plenty of women that had a sexy feminine aura AND exuded power and strength.

One woman I can think of in particular is my former boss at my last job. Very commanding of respect in aura, you can tell she was the boss by the way she carried herself. There was nothing masculine about her, very much dressed like a "girly girl" and loved dresses, skirts, makeup, etc. She was very attractive as well (to my tastes) and we definitely had some chemistry, but I didn't respect her any less as an authority figure.

• Good ^^

• ow I already knew that, I am just annoyed as to why people here still stick to ancient gender stereotypes

• I very much know better. :)

• When people think of "lady" and "gentleman" they tend to think on the typical lady and gentleman from back in the 50's.
    If you consider a gentleman to be a man that pays for you, opens the door, pulls back the chair, gives you his coat, walk closer to the road... then you will consider a lady to be more reserved and shy.
    You're just focusing on how those labels were made. You can't be old fashioned to one, and "21st century" for the other.

• I never said I expect a guy to be like that. And I am not old fashioned to one and 21st century to the other, I didn t mention that at all.
      But there is still some common savoir vivre that both genders should follow.

• First lady , shy and reserved?
    Have you seen THEM GUNS on Michelle Obama bruh?
    e01-elmundo.uecdn.es/.../13872995196635.jpg

She got TWO TICKETS to the GUN SHOW!
    i.ytimg.com/vi/qzUvnegGqKc/maxresdefault.jpg

• Doesn't a "lady" just mean "female adult"? Maybe also "polite", but then you have to define what being polite means.

Anyways, I'm not very outspoken most of the time and definitely not very social generally, so of course I'll identify better with someone who also doesn't have those traits that are somewhat alien to me.

• yea ok but still that has nthng to do with being a lady or not, that s just a preference.
      a lady is a person that behaves properly given the situation, also you can say polite lol

• you can be an adult and act childish or be ignorant.
      proper behavior is relative to the situation and context.
      having a sense of savoir vivre you know? :P

• Fair enough :p

• Outspoken women can still be lady-like. People of either gender are free to express their opinion. I think it's stupid that labels should be attached because of one's demeanor.

• You could be right there... in the end we judge people on what they write :o
    And a classy lady who writes very correctly could indeed sound like a shy girl :o
    I'm convinced that's a correct analysis by Professor Doctor Archiz :D :D

• Well when was the last time you read a Jane Austen book that had the passage "and then the delicate lady wanted it in her ass"? Nobody sweet and ladylike ever said "cum in my mouth."

And why the hell are you applying the term "First Lady" to the understood connotation of what "a lady" is? They're not the same thing. Do you think the term "Best man" means that man is literally THE best man, or was he just the dude the groom picked because he was closest to him?

• Lol really bad arguments and yea I reas a jane austin book.
      So a female shouldn t be sexual? 😂
      What happened to a lady in the streets and a slut in the sheets.
      Lol I used the first ladies as an example because they are female that hold a high position and should behave in a proper manner while having power.
      And I states other examples...

• austen lol sry

• Dude Hillary could kick my ass

• people are stupid, ignorant and uneducated

• I don't in my mind all women are thinking they wanna whip out their meat balloons and slap them against my self what at terrible day that would be for shy me and I am a man too.

• No 😜

• It's just demographics. Looking at some of the poll numbers here, a decent amount of the guys are blue collar, non-college educated men and they tend to hold more traditional views on gender roles.

• amal clooney is on another level... lucky george

• wow, arhciz, ur upfront and confrentational, just like a guy. u must be compenstating for your shyness that we all know u have because ur a girl (allegedly).

• Archiz, you are so cute and sexy at the same time!

Yes women can impose and be ladylike, absolutely!

• Its probably because they can't think

• Eh not really

• tell me about that profile pic :D

• Nah.. can't help it.
    Imposing and outspoken women are justnot ladylike. Deal with dat :-D

• Well well Well.
    Amal is a brit and not an American.
    I think women have been complaining unnecessarily these days. Perhaps, they should take a chill pill. The highly successful ones ignore these things and concentrate more on their lives and careers. I hope you got my point.
    by the way, I like that mirror and the staircase design with the wall mesh in addition to your latest pose :D

• Yea I know amal is a brit... what does this have to do with anthng lol.
      Actually she s lebanese druz.
      Dude it s just a question on gag, don t make me a moral on what to focus to in my life.

• I think a female can be confident and project herself by being outgoing. Being brash though whether a guy or a girl is just plain rude and not a lady or someone attractive. And when a girl tries to put down other girls either in their presence, or worse behind their backs, manpulating them and a guy so she can be the centre of attention, that's really disgusting.

I do agree, that a truly nice girl is someone respectful, doesn't have to be shy, but being shy doesn't mean they aren't a lady either.

Can u pls check out my take? I would appreciate your thoughts on how some women maybe let some guys (who aren't gentleman) get away with more? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a27854-woman-hears-the-exact-same-thing-from-two-guys-but-she-reacts

• Thanks pls check out my take!

• damn nice ass ;)

• Stop asking so many questions

• I only identify a shy woman as a shy girl woman but never a lady. I hang out with shy women so I definetly know the difference. I wish more poeple did.

What Girls Said 5

• ): Its gag I tell yeah!

• its just seen as more feminine for some reason, and i guess i can see why.
    but i can still be a lady and be myself because i am loud and opinionated and thats not gonna change

• yea but we re back to stereotypes.
      a girl should be submissive, a follower while the guy is the dominant one the leader.
      I don t like gender roles xD

• yea same here, but a woman doesn't HAVE to be those, she can be loud, dominant, etc. in my opinion really idc if people think im feminine or not for being/not being certain things because altho im submissive sexually, im dominant outside of the bedroom

• attagirl!

• Fuck stereotypes.. i hate it :/

• These people don't get out much. Don't take them seriously. 🙄

• Stereotypes exist because there's some truth buried in it