Do you think we should just ban Zoo's so the Gorilla incident never happens anymore?

I mean think about how cruel it is to forcibly take these wild animals from their natural habitats just to lock them in an area for human amusement.

Should we ban zoo's?

Most Helpful Guy

• We should ban COMMERCIAL zoos. Conservation zoos play a very important role in the survival of many endangered species.

What Guys Said 5

• Nope. The kid deserved to die... Survival of the fittest... If you're such a dull crayon that you would nose dove over a rail plummeting 15 feed to the ground to be met face to face with a gorilla that has been confined to protect your dumb ass and your parents care so little about you that they let you wonder off to your impending doom then there are more than a few genes in your blood line that need to be purged from the human species to insure our collective survival.

• No, they just need to have better security so people cannot enter the containment

• Yes.

• yes!

• Do you even know the level of conservation work many Zoo's do, do you know that many animals in zoos are there for conservation reasons and many of the animals in zoos are animals that are unable to look after themselves out in the wild and they would be dead if it was not for humans. Also do you even know how many animals that would have died out by now if it was not for zoos.

• Zoo's play a big part of vital breeding programmes to keep animal species alive so they don't die out in the wild.

What Girls Said 5

• usually the animals in zoos are permanently injured and are only in the zoo because they would dye in the wild. At least that is what it is like here where I live

• Only the ones that do nothing for conservation. Because the work that some of them do to preserve and breed endangered species is so crucial. And they also help to educate people.

• Commercial zoos? Yes. Conservation zoos? No

• Zoos are also responsible for/funding a lot of much needed breeding programs though so...

• I hate zoos, they depress me. I can't go to them anymore because it makes me too sad when I see how small their living space usually is. But they're good too, just like that gorilla... his species is almost extinct, places like zoos help keep a few alive.