I just noticed that I do this. Does anyone else do this?

When I'm on the internet, no matter the nationality of the person I'm talking to, I always read their comment in my own native accent. Does anyone else do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• No I read things most of the time in a British accent and sometimes if it's really in a southern American accent typed with words like y'all and gals, then I read it in a southern American like accent.
    Dutch accents sound awful. I would never read things with a Dutch accent.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, perhaps because I wasn't born - and don't live in - an English speaking country; so no accents for me. I just read it in "plain English"

What Girls Said 4

• I read most of other people's in either a Southern English or American accent, and read my own posts in either a heavy Northern English accent OR American with slight North English pronunciation of words like Mum or what (it sounds like wu), but that is all depending on what I've been doing (talking with my friends, or talking to my dad/watching videos from Britian)

• If I don't know their nationality I will do that. Now if I know it and know the accent of that place then i'll be hearing that. :D

• Yes I do even if I know they're not from my country!! I think that everyone does that!

• I thought that's what everybody does lol

What Guys Said 5

• That is the same like dreaming, if you dream in a certain language that probably is your mother language.

• I do. Party because I'm such a slow reader...

• Yes I do this all the time in my American accent

• No. Because.

• Of course, how would you even know theirs right away to start thinking in their accent? Unless they are writing it in ghetto grammar then maybe you could think and read it that way in your head, lol