What do you think happened to Yamato Tanooka? Please read description to know who the boy is and what happened?

Last Saturday, a 7 year-old boy named Yamato Tanooka was left by his parents on the side of the road in wild bear territory, Nanae in Hokkaido Island, Japan, as punishment for throwing stones at passing by cars and people. When the parents returned to the area they dropped Yamato Tanooka off, he was gone. Since Saturday a rescue team of 200 members have been searching for him but they've found no sign of him.
The area Yamato Tanooka was dropped off is known to be wild bear territory as well as having temperatures that fall to 10 degrees Celsius or 50 degrees Fahrenheit.

What do you think happened to him? Where do you think they'll find him? Or do you even think they'll find him?

0|0
1|5

Most Helpful Girl

• People never just “disappear”…it would defy the laws of physics. Sadly, most people who go missing are never found. He probably wondered off and/or attempted to walk home or walk to the nearest public area. There’s a possibility that he could have gone into the forest and be lost right now or been hurt by wildlife but at his age, he may have known better than to go into that forest knowing there’s a large population of bears. I really hate to say it, but in these cases, usually some pedophile gets their hands on the child. Or in some places, some vile sex trafficker who makes a living off of prostituting children. His parents will never forgive themselves :/

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• i dont think the will find him the patents wanted the kid dead or they would have found a safer spot for the punishment. i like the idea of doing that but not in the area that is known for wild bears etc. they knew the outcome by leaving him there now they have to live with it even if they dont think they have done anything wrong by leaving the child there as punishment.

and by another spot before i get misunderstood i mean on there own property in a safe area protected from outdoor creatures.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't think they wanted him dead. I mean if they did, they wouldn't have returned for him nor would they have called for a rescue team to find the boy

• Show All
    • what their family, neighbors, friends, and community in general will think of them

• yeah its gonna be rough couple of weeks , months for them i believe

• He probably ran off, gotten lost and is either dead or dying. Although assuming his parents called the cops fast enough (they only left him for a few mins), i dont know how a 7 year old boy could cover enough ground cross country to be lost for 4 days.

Assuming this isn't all a hoax and the parents have killed him elsewhere and are making this crap up to deflect attention.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's true... Well it is a mountainous region so it may be more difficult to find someone on that type of terrain. That would be horrible if the parents killed him. I can't imagine a parent doing that to his or her own child

• With parents like that anything could happen. They are probably not telling the truth about what happened.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean? Why would they call for an emergency rescue team then?

• Show All
    • No, I don't know that story. Did she report her child missing to the police? :\

• Yeah she did. Then she came up with a whole bunch of crazy stories.

• Can't say
    But I hope that kid is safe

0|0
    0|0
  • Killed. Eaten.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!