Who's looking forward to Civilization VI?

So it looks like we'll be getting a new Civ game by the end of the year. I've taken a look at some of the gameplay screenshots and video and I'm so far pretty stoked for it. Not a huge fan of the art style they're going with, but I'm sure there will be mods for that. The other changes though look promising. In terms of gaming, i really haven't done much of it as i've been much busier with school. But when i do have time to play a little, the only game i would boot up over the last few years was civilization V. Probably one of my favourite games was playing as Arabia. I got like the perfect starting location, with no enemies to my north, east and west due to being surrounded by ocean, making the only two ways of attacking my empire was via the water, or attack from the south through the mountains which i quickly took advantage of by building up garrison forts. It was so cool, i had to screenshot it:

Anywho, for those of you who are looking forward to the game, what would you like to see in the newest iteration?

• I'm looking forward to it
  • I'm not looking forward to it

Most Helpful Girl

• Oooooh, I might get that... My other Civ games don't work on this Windows 10 bullshit, so hopefully this one does :)

• ah bummer! i play on a mac. But civ v with its expansions is a masterpiece

• @RandomBritishGuy94 I have no idea, dude. They worked fine on Windows 7 and as soon as I went to Windows 8, they stopped working, so did games like The Sims 2. Games through Steam still work but none of my physical copies will work. It continued when I updated to Windows 10 with pretty much all of my games so now the only ones that work are Steam games like Hunie Pop :/

• Make sure you have the latest patch installed. Civ 4 won't work on anything less then versions 3.19.

Also make sure direct X and other such software is all up to date. Steam does this stuff for you if games need it but there is a chance the games you can't play need a missing bit of software.

Most Helpful Guy

• I really hold it builds on the previous Civ games. I don't want it to release as a limited base game then fix it with expansions. Give us a complete game then add onto it with more amazing stuff. This is one of my pet peeves with the civilization franchise. They'll start us with less than previous games had then build onto it with like 4 expansions.

I always want them to revamp the religion system. I didn't like how you kind of needed to found your own religion or else you're at serious risk of other players converting your entire populace. There should be some kind of defense against that besides rushing to your own religion. It can kind of screw you over late game.

What Girls Said 3

• YES!!! I'm just hoping my shit pc can meet the system requirements. I love Civ 5 so hopefully this game will be just as good.

• the graphics don't look any better than civ v so you'll probably be fine :)

• Yes!! I'm a huge fan of Civ V so I hope the 6th one will be even better.

• Ugh! I can already tell these ads will be ALL over my everything. Not looking forward to that.

What Guys Said 14

• Yessssssssss, love choke point games i'm a defensive leader.

As usual with all iterations :-
    - Better AI,
    - Allies that actually help you,
    - Actually being able to negotiate for cities (sometimes u offer a world to get some dudes city on a remote island but they refuse) ... etc.
    -Also would like air and naval combat to be improved and trade to be more lucrative.

• oh yeah, definitely agree to those changes... especially where AI trade conditions is concerned. I don't know how many times I'm about to decimate a guy, and he won't even give me 10 gold to save his empire... let alone a city xD

• Hopefully it's better than civ 5. If they can put the cool features of civ 5 combined with the versatility of civ 3 and 4, it'd be the perfect civ game. I hated how in 5, there were right and wrong countries and ways to win. I couldn't dominate with my style of play. Also, they need to stack the units again, maybe not the stack of death, but like 3 or 4 units should be able to be stacked, especially workers. And make the ai slightly less dickish

• well they already said they are bringing stacking back exactly as you want it. 3 units of the same type can stack together to make like a little legion. And i think you can stack infantry with artillery as well. Workers also aren't permanent units like before. Now to perform an action, they get used up (i think after 3 actions, they disappear completely). If you look at some of the info out already on it, a lot of the changes look quite promising. It's only the art style that i haven't really jived with

• yeah well the AI needs work in general, hah. That's really my primary concern. They've also expanded cities, so that buildings/wonders you make for your cities appear outside of the city on tiles... so you'll have a harder time stacking every wonder into a single city. You get to see your wonders in their full glory

• The ai always needs work. They don't actually become smarter when you get to higher levels, they just become bigger dicks and you are at more of a disadvantage. And I don't think that it'll affect their movement because I think they did that on other civs. And another cool thing from civ 3 I'd like to see is that you can build your own palace

• I can hardly wait, it's one of my favorite strategy game series.

• Looking forward to real world domination breh. Choose your allegiance while you can

• It's my favourite game series but the first release are always disappointing. So I'm not expecting a good game until at least the first expansion is out.

• Can't wait!!!

and also BF1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

• Should be fun

• I love civs, it's my favorite computer game (though I do wish they'd improve the combat) my strategy in the early game is to build as many cities as I can as soon as I can, than roads to connect them.

• i didn't mind the combat, but sure they could probably add more to it. My strategy is similar, though recently I've upped the difficulty level that i tend to play at, and i keep getting trounced because i end up offending all my neighbours by over-expanding... and then they all ally against me and fuck me up :p

• Yea, I only really expand in the early game.

• I love the Civilization games!
    They released so many add-ons for part 4, It's like I have already played part 5.
    The feature I would like is they release a console version for the ps4.

• *makes dying whale noises*

• I'm a big civ fan starting from the original dos version, but civ 6 looks like they have gone off the rails. Switch to Europa Universalis 4 and you'll feel like Civ is strategy gaming with training wheels.

• im not a big fan of that game. I like being able to play with toys and watch them fight with each other with animations

• @Asker then launch EU4 in observer mode and watch the AI play the entire game without you

• Not really

• I have always been more of a total war guy.

• I tots am nigga