Right, should your past really define who you are today?

I've seen some stuff on here over recent days and its made me ask this question. im keeping my opinions to myself for now just wondered what everyone thinks.

... should your past define who you are today?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends (give reasons if you can be arsed)

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Guy

• I think past behavior isn't always the best way to predict future actions, but human beings tend to follow some patterns that can be hard to break.

That said, I do believe people are capable of change if they really are committed to doing it. 😊

What Girls Said 8

• technically our past does define us, it is everything that has made us who we are, and the future includes the us from the past.

• When we learn from our past experiences wether being good or bad it shapes who we are so I think in that way the past defines who we are.

• I think yes. Past is the artist which paints and shapes us. Not only past but also people we meet and let in our lives, change us somehow.

• I dont think so, people can change.

• I believe our past heavily shapes us, and we accept aspects of it we want or need in life. So I suppose my answer is Vote C, it depends.

• Every day is a fresh start for us all.

• Vote A = I don't see how it can't.

• I don't know if it defines you, but it definitely forms the person you are today

What Guys Said 7

• Your past is what makes up who you are today. Ultimately whether your past is good or bad as long as you learned something from it will you develop into a better person

• Depends in what context. What aspect of your life are we talking about, or what kind of things they enganged in. Its hard to just answer yes and no.

• We are all the result of our experiences.

• Who you are is just the cumulation of your past experiences

• No my presence defines me

• Absolutely.

• How funny that so many women say no. They want to slut it up in their youth, and then marry the stable, caring guy. If he had an ounce of self respect, he'd kick her to the curb.