What do you consider it means to be a gentleman?

Most Helpful Guy

• To open doors, romantic, respectful, honorable, honest, patient, not push a woman if she's not ready or in the mood or not wanting to try something, being understand, sympathetic, using your brain, i could go on for a while

• this is a good response

• your welcome

• my pleasure

Most Helpful Girl

• Rise above their weaknesses and don't get caught up with people's dramas and still be optimistic. Being comfortable with their own skin.

What Guys Said 23

• Kissing a girl's ass... constantly. or maybe unquestioningly conforming to all feminine requests regardless of the toll it takes on you.
    In reality its just supposed to be just being respectful and courteous to all people around you.

• kind
    polite
    sensitive
    honest
    open-minded

• Being a gentleman is having decorum, a certain manner in which a man acts, not sloppy but elegant

• Being kind, nice, caring, polite etc but I don't feel every woman deserves a gentleman. Why should women be able to demand it, they have to act like a lady to get a lot of super nice treatment. It is a two way street. I am not saying that means you can do anything you want but if a woman is not a lady then she can't demand a man to go out of his way to help her. I also think for a woman to be a lady she also needs to be nice, kind, caring, polite etc.

• I silently hope that being a correct and polite person helps. :D
    Since all these behavioral rules that correspond to "having class" are not really my thing :o

• opening doors
    pulling chairs
    walking NEXT TO your lady
    paying for the tab at dinner
    -------------------------------------
    living together
    - dishes
    -vacuuming
    -laundry (where applicable)

• A gentleman is a man with refined manners... I am sorry I can't say that I am all the time... Sometimes i am very crude...

• To be an inherently misogynistic person, presuming female weakness and stupidity--but only in the hopes of getting some pussy--while never overtly saying this and adamantly denying they view women this way.

• Being kind and understanding and respecting your woman

• acting decently towards other people

• Holding a fart in until you are away from a lady

• I've read a book called the manual of the gentleman or something along those lines, it was written in the 1860s. it literally said at one point in the book that a gentleman would serve women unconditionally BECAUSE they are the weaker sex. it literally said weaker sex. it also said that a gentleman refuses to talk about politics to a woman because politics is not for women. if that is a gentleman then no thanks, i dont want to be one.

PS. i am aware of the fact that a gentleman is now become different than what it once was.

what a gentleman is to me? an excuse people use to make men give women special treatment.

• I thinking myself my lady ;) haha

• A gentleman is a man that is respectful, helpful and has class/style, a gentleman doesn't "bow" to anyone or should I say doesn't "kiss anyone's rear end". That's also the difference between a gentleman and a "white knight"(usually a male feminist). In my opinion a gentleman is worthy of respect, a white knight isn't.

• To hang around in strip clubs

• Respect, educated, and good manners with everyone

• It's a standard of behavior rather than something specific.

• Too take care of others because you like to rather than to gain something from it. It's about pure intentions

• Nothing meaningful.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• kind and courteous to all.

• I never think about if a dude is being a gentleman or not. That would actually annoy the hell out of me.

• Being nice. That's all.

• In this day and age, basically just someone who doesn't tell people to kill themselves when they get their feelings hurt.