Do you believe we're all subconsciously connected?

like these aspen trees located in Utah, USA. interconnected roots although individuals above ground.

i had dry notifications all day then all of a sudden 10 people are texting/snapchatting me in a 30 minute period.

when stuff like that happens to u, do u think it's a coincidence? or do you think that humans are connected subconsciously which makes us do similar things at the same time?

"We are all part of one mind or consciousness in this sea of energy where everything is vibrating at one speed or another"

thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think we're all part of something much bigger and much more complicated than our simple brains can understand. I think that's why religion has always been so popular and powerful, it gives people a framework to understand the universe in.
    Funny coincidences like the one you mentioned are examples of things that make you scratch your head and wonder what's really going on...

What Guys Said 34

• It's a coincidence. That's just hippy jabber from some people who are so high that they think they have discovered some Theory of Everything, when in actuality, they're just really fucked up. You can put some random theory on any random occurrence, then call it proof. How many times have you *not* had dry notifications all day? What, exactly, makes this one time some random thing happened special? If it is like that, then it should be repeatable.

If humans were terminals connected to some server, then I doubt there would be so many huge misunderstandings--or half as much human-committed-horrors as there are. If there is, indeed, any kind of connection, then it is such a weak one that it doesn't matter, at all. Only superstitious people believe these random theories that people throw around.

The human mind *needs* things to make sense. So, when something doesn't make sense, it creates meaning where there is none. It's easier and more fulfilling to think "Oh, we're all connected," than to watch the news and see exactly how many 14 year old girls were raped and beaten to death with a motorcycle helmet. If there was some kind of meaningful connection, then that kind of thing wouldn't happen. It's all physical: and coincidence.

• thts true, i'd prefer organized anything over chaos. even if it is wishful thinking of trying to find a pattern in the random events, i'll still do it even if i'm the last person to want to be called a hippy lmfao

do u believe in the whole "celebrities die in 3's" thing?

• Heh.

No, I don't. People might focus on 3 specific celebrities, but a lot more than that die per day.

• Thats something I've been thinking about for years. I hung around with a lot of different people growing up and into adulthood. I seen the good the bad and the ugly. After a while you start noticing patterns in the ones who stick together and those that dont. People with similar values, good values seem to get on fine. They talk easily about everything, they have similar likes and dislikes. They agree on almost everything. A group of 20 likeminded individuals can have a great time. The atmosphere is charged with fun and good feeling. Then a person whos values are not so good walks in. If he's known the atmosphere becomes instantly muted and apprehensive. If not he'll say a few things and the people will suss him out and act the same way. Its happening at an instintual level. Like a fox trying to keep company with a bunch of chickens. You can sense it in the air. I think the bond between us is in the soul and the heart and the values we keep. They call the bad ones wrong uns where im from. Good people sense each other amd sense bad ones. They alienate the bad ones and threaten and bully them if they won't leave. If we all had the same values, not money or any kind of greed or individual ambition thay causes suffering for others i reckon we would all connect in this world and it would be like heaven. Impossible though, the bad ones know theyre alienated and try for money and power. Thats all theyve got, individual ambition. They get a me against the rest mentality and start to wreck normal lives. Gangsters, politicians, businessmen. They hate us because they can't be accepted by us. Thats why you have your rothschilds and the like. Petulant, abandoned misfits with too much power amd not enough humanity. Others that are not ambitious get that me against them mentality and shoot up schools. They alienate themselves with their values and end up hating everybody normal. So we are connected on a instinctual level. Why not? Every element inside your body came from the earth and is billions of years old. There has to be a connection

• nice stream of dialogue, u've got some insights :P

• Thanks. I was lucky to see what i saw. Its not a class thing or anything like it. I've seen well off people sitting and having beers with lowlife alcoholics in partys amd theyve had tbe time of their lives. Seen gangsters dancing the night away with single mums on welfare and doing the same. Its not a social connection it goes deeper. We're just animals after all. This society we've built is only recent, it doesn't define us. Tbe basics of happiness, love, safety and intellectual engagement are still the most important things. there's very few people i know who put any value on career, money, status, power and tbe like and theyre the happiest people i know. They realise that the only thing that makes a person genuinely happy is other people amd theyre free (most of them anyway lol).

• Nope it's just us. Living the same poisoning lifestyle.. .. We watch same TV shows on TV.. We got same timing job and then the little time we are left with we end up setting a schedule and if you look closely being human we have similar needs so we.. End up making similar schedule and you don't touch your phone or enjoy gag in college school or office.. But at evening we all cone online at same time..

• I don't know for sure, but your use of the aspen grove as a metaphor is really interesting. It's sort of similar to Carl Jung's ideas about the "collective unconscious." And another idea of his called synchronicity.

• Utah, represent hell yeah!!
    There's a lot of weird ass people op, I sure hope I'm in no way connected to them lol

• i gotta say no

• It's just statistics and confirmation bias... You don't remember millions of moments it HAS NOT HAPPENED, but you remember THAT ONE MOMENT it happened. Basically, it is bound to happen eventually and there's a high probability for it to happen eventually, but low probability in every observed time period.

Seriously, there's nothing supernatural or spiritual about it, that's just how things are.

• What a coincidence. I was just think that.
    Just kidding. :)

I agree with you. Sometimes you think strongly about a person that you haven' t seen in years and suddenly you meet this person somewhere unexpected. And their are loads of other examples.

• These thoughts are too deep for my simple mind... but i do get that notification/contact thing happening to me too lol. I do share a weird connection with my sisters tho, It's like we just know whatever we're all doing (within reason).

• u know how at an event, there's always that *one* moment where the night goes past it's peak and dies down? it's like everything suddenly grows stale caused by different things every time. for me: last time it was a fake laugh i heard from a friend, it killed the mood then the party turned sour.

• yeaa, stuff like that makes me wonder... and i didn't smoke anything, fruity or otherwise :P

• Then i'm even more impressed, you can take it deep when you want to. Now it's in my head i keep going over the past few days to see if things have linked up lmao >_<

• I say yes, us humans are social creatures so it makes sense that we all somehow feel or have connection to each other on a spiritual level.

• No but we have the internet and fakebook

• Nah not really. People are basically grpup animals. When a bunch of people start doing something even if it serves no purpose , other people start to follow. There are very few non followers. So yeah.. Once a question or poll starts to get popular, more people will see it and maybe comment. Thats all. They made dome social experiments for this process

• Sounds like you're talking about my life's view. And I agree.. obviously.

• perhaps she read your thoughts :p

• thts a fresh perspective, what were the incidents that made u aware of them? if u don't mind me prying

• People around me dying quickly one after another in a short time, followed by my meeting my girlfriend for the first time, and a certain dream I got. about 12 years ago.

• No, I do think that sometimes peope do connect on a subconscious level but not everyone and not all the time

• No that's BS

• I would like to think since our brain is capable of so much more we currently know, a lot of "functions" don't work yet. Or very little. Like telepathy. 😨

• I'm wiggling my root. Can you feel that?

• Many esoteric traditions do believe we are connected at some level. I am unable to elaborate more as not read much about it.

• What do you mean by subconsciously? I believe our being is already may already be in-sync with everything.

• nope... i call bullshit on that one just like Religion, Astrology and if you dream of someone, that someone will not be able to go to sleep

• no we are not

• No, it's a coincidence. There's no physical connection between individual humans like there is with those trees.

• The way you think is deep 😶

• We're all created in the image of God so yes, in a way I do believe that.

• I don't feel subconsciously connected to anyone. Not even my own family. I beg to differ.

• there's periods of peace in my family then there's pockets of dramatic stuff that happens i. e. arguments, someone drops out of college etc etc all in a short span of time. u dont experience that?

• no I experience ignorance

• Absolutely not.

• It's possible

• our brains do react to each others magnetic fields in our brains yes.

• i3.kym-cdn.com/.../68c.jpg
      i smell a whiff of sarcasm..

• no, our body runs on electricity, all interactions between neurons are basically electric signals. we have a magnetic field in our brain and magnetic fields how insignificant they may seem to be affect each other.

• Sometimes I think all life is some how connected, like you said subconsciously or something.

• well where all one big family so we are all connected

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 12

• Technically, ten people virtually interacting with you at the same time is coincidence.
    I simply don't see how your message senders will feel connected to each other. You were connected to them, but I don't think the message senders were connected to each other. They also wouldn't feel that way, I suppose because they chose to interact with you instead of choosing an interaction between themselves.

Just because everybody's doing that same thing at the same time doesn't mean they're connected, hence subconsciousness.

One wouldn't be really aware that somebody's also doing the same thing. He's also far more likely to be aware unless he's notified about it.

Connection is a more intricate thing to touch. Connection involves more of a relationship going on rather than mere awareness that people are doing the same thing as you.

In my opinion, I think people feel connected when they tend to do a thing with all these three present: (1) with the same intentions;
    (2) with the same mentality poured into doing that specific thing;
    and if you're
    (3) alongside people whom you share an established, profound personal connection with.

Thus, I reckon that your encounter was coincidental. Coincidences like that happen and they're fine as they are; they wouldn't hamper your life drastically.

• With ur points, a protest tht turns into a riot is an example. people lose their sense of self and gain tht mob mentality

Nicely worded by the way 👍

• This happens to me too. I can't help but wonder if there is some truth to this. Nobody will text me all day but then i'll get 3 texts from 3 different people at the same exact time. Crazy how that happens. I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Then again we all think we are the only ones with so many situations and soon come to find out that almost every other human out there has experienced the same things we have.

• Emotionally we're most likely connected and our minds can be manipulated into thinking other connections may exist. That manipulation may be intentional or not, who knows.

But I feel as if once you dig so deep and nothing presents itself, that maybe there isn't anything. Maybe life and our connections are ridiculously simple, but we dig to give it more meaning for ourselves.

Which is fine for our personal lives, but it shouldn't branch to everyone and give on definite answer to one's personal meaning of life and validation for their existance.

• maybe that be a cool movie!

• In some ways we are and in some ways we are not. We are all made up of flesh and bones, our metabloic system is same, the color of our blood is same, we breathe the same oxygen and drink the same water. But we are different too be it with skin color, height, color of our hair and eyes, our prospective of seeing the world, our religion, our internal and external driving force.
    We all our same internally, that means we are made by the same creator but he made us different externally means he gave us a trait which separates us from the crowd. This is my two cent thought.

• I get that too! I won't have anyone text me for hours and then suddenly I'll have 10 messages come in from different people at the same time. I always blames it on having a sucky, slow phone lol. But your theory makes sense

• Nope, I would hate to be connected to random people.

• no.
    ...

• Yes including weirdos and isolated people

• I agree, that we are subconsciously connected. Yesterday I saw this girl (hadn't seen he r since high school) and then on the car I heard a song that always reminds me of her ALWAYS.

• I like this ideation! :) I think sometimes we are, and then other times it's like the people we should be connected to are like they're on another planet completely!

• I think so very much.