Should the UK leave the European union?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I haven't done much research on it yet and no one seems to have any definite clue on what's going on but my instinct is to vote to stay. I see more sense in working to fix something from the inside than to give up on it, y'know? But meh, I wanna know more before voting.

Most Helpful Guy

• As an American, it's not for me to decide of course. I will respect the decision the British people make in the upcoming referendum. But because I love the UK and the British people, it my HOPE that they will vote to leave the EU. If they do the will be able to reclaim their full sovereignty as a nation and regain control over their own borders and immigration policies. (As opposed to having those things dictated to them from Brussels.) Leaving the EU will enable the UK to remain British.

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe, if it's hurting them more than helping them, or doesn't represent their interests anymore. I'm American, and part of a country that dislikes being beholden or answerable to other countries, rightly or wrongly, so I understand the appeal.

I don't know the details though, and if the majority of the UK's people and government don't want to leave, then they shouldn't.

• No, but they should never have joined it.

• well to be fair we didn't really, we joined the common market not the current EU.

• ha ha... well to be fair the public wanted to join in 73, maastricht wasn't a choice

• "Well to be fair" credibility is destroyed when a person emptily claims that a national government's signing a treaty is somehow not "a choice." But never mind.

• The quicker we are OUT the better it will be.
    It's about time we put a finger up to all the bureaucratic dictators to whom we give billions of pounds to each month, and for what, just to be told WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT DO IN OUR OWN COUNTRY.

• What do you think?

What Guys Said 7

• American Here,
    I honestly think you guys should stay part of the EU.
    But is there someone from the U. K who could explain why this is being debated and voted on. Not in the way that you shouldn't be able to decide for yourselves but in the sense of why some people are thinking about leaving?

• I honestly have no idea why they're considering it, I guess I don't know the situation. What I THOUGHT is that the EU was a very beneficial thing to be a part of

• no, it is not they have too much control.

• Damn right then we can do whatever we want without having the EU say shit like we need to take in refugees and help them cross our channel fuck that if they're risking it, it's not our fault they drown.

• @Josht11 My policy has always been don't let union entangle u too much lol

• Yes the UK should make the start so that the rest of us can follow and finally free ourselves from this corrupt, criminal Marxist/Globalist superstate aka EU.

• Yes, then we can have donald trump build us a wall.

• We don't need a wall, we're surrounded by water.

• @Oram52 it sounds like its about to get cramped in your country i hope things can be figured out. but they do need to solve this before they have a flat out riot on there hands like that one country that went bankrupt i think and needed financial support.

• @cheapshotbob Its already cramped, why EU referendum was forced to begin with. refugees are not a problem. Keeping in perspective over 300,000 immigrants came last year from East Europe. In comparison Britain has only agreed to take in 20,000 refugees.

There will be no riots because we are a tolerant country, we do not tolerate xenophobia. We will solve it peacefully. Immigration from EU can not be stopped regardless unless Britain leaves the EU.

• No..

• Still deciding but leaning towards remaining in EU.

• the sooner the better. They're just an American Trojan horse in the EU.