Does anyone else block other users because they are rude to other users?

I just saw a user being rude to @sweethomicidalqueen and blocked them. It's not the first time I've done this either and won't be the last. If you can't be respectful to other users, I would rather not put myself through the displeasure of meeting you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not my fight, i don't know them. it might be a number of reasons why the person was rude. bad day, previous argument, maybe the person was rude to them earlier, could be anything. I don't judge until i meet them.
    I will however take note of the fact that the person was rude, and keep an eye out to see if it was just a one time thing or a constant thing.
    No blocking though, until they bring that nonsense my way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do. Like the question from the other day where it was asking if you would accept money in exchange for letting someone rape your SO? I went through and blocked everyone who admitted to saying yes.

I also block people who mess with my friends. There was a guy who told one of my friends to go kill herself so I blocked him and all his friends.

What Guys Said 14

• If I did I would have everyone blocked xD

I don't like blocking people, even if they're rude to me. I've had people insult me and I still don't block them... or report them.

• Some are just asking for it though

• Who exactly are you saying is asking for it?

• True. But if I know the user well enough, and they are an insulted by another user, that user is on my shit list. I blocked the user who was being rude to sweethomicidalqueen because sweethomicidalqueen was asking for clarification and the user called her a cunt. Which was totally out of line.

• I've answered a lot of her questions. I don't have a problem with her. I've been blocked by a few but I've never blocked anyone nor will I

• I don't block anyone at all. There was only one troll that I used to block but he's long gone now.

• No. I don't block anyone, though I have pondered one or two...

• Nope. I've only blocked one person and that was because she called me a c*nt and told me to kill myself for basically no reason. I don't care enough what people say on here to block them over minor things

• I think i should do that too, being rude is annoying and it doesn't matter if it is to me or someone else

• No, I haven't blocked anyone. No one is worth that much trouble.

• I havnt blocked any one here at all

• Yes I have.

• i'm curious how many block people who don't agree w/ their opinions.

• I refuse to block!

• Yeah I have

• Nope, i would follow them instead!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 20

• No because I don't care enough to do that

• Yes I have!

• No, I've never blocked anyone.

• I agree 100%. I think the same as you.

I've did this a few times. I once blocked a guy who was insulting towards my G@G friend. Plus, I've blocked users on my questions for being rude, and aggressive towards other users on my question. I won't tolerate that behaviour in real life , so I'm certainly not gonna tolerate it by strangers on the internet.

They have nothing of value to say, and I have no time for disrespectful people. There's no need to be intentionally rude to anyone.

• Well thank you haha
    Yea I have once but generally I block people who're unnecessarily rude to me.

• I've only done that with one person here. I'm more likely to step in and say something to them. I don't like when people are being obnoxious and rude to others and I definitely don't like when people are ganging up on others. I can't stand that shit.

• Not really but I will do it if that person just seems like an annoying idiot. That way in the future I won't have to deal with them.

• It seems like some people like to be rude and drop weird explanation in other's thread 😜. Yes i do block cos i see them just literally exploding for no reason at the other person.

• Never thought of it but might start doing so! Good idea!

• I don't block people. I don't see a need to even if they are a cold hard bitch to me.

• I won't block them but they'll know my distaste for them loud and clear.

• when i see someone being an asshole or being crazy in the politic/religion questions, i register their username in my head and remember it for future reference.

• I have before. If someone is rude to a friend of mine, they're automatically on the shitlist.

• I block every misogynist I See. And every attention whore

• I am yet to block anyone on any site no matter how rude they are, to me or to others.

I find their vents and insults amusing :)

• yeah I have four so far, because one moron didn't like what I said and I didn't care for his useless opinion so I blocked him 🤓

• No, I haven't blocked anyone yet, even though I have been blocked by some.

• Yes, I do that sometimes. I also sometimes notice users just being awful in general and block them so I never have to interact with them.

• I tend to block people for that, especially if they're doing it on one of my questions. Even if they aren't talking to me, it says a lot about their character.

• I haven't been on here a lot. I haven't blocked anyone yet.