Why do we love physical human contact so much?

There's nothing I love more than laying beside someone holding their hand just putting my head on their chest and hearing their heart beat. Why is this? When it doesn't happen for a long time I feel so depressed. I've tried holding myself at night holding my own hand (sounds depressing) it's just not the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell me about it - but what the heck why bother about 'WHY' when the 'HOW' is so awesome <3 😍

• Holding your own hand or a pillow is ok (I do the latter every night as I sleep lol and I tell her about it all the while too :D )

• Thank you GAG for the MHO <3 :)

Most Helpful Girl

• it's in our nature. biologically, we seek that closeness for a number of reasons such as protection, affection, comfort etc. you see it in most other species too =]

What Guys Said 4

• Because we're human and we all need that human touch/connection/love. Just the way it is.

• You need a boyfriend I guess

• Biology makes us yearn for it.
    Hell, touch relieves stress in babies.
    It's very important.

• I only love it if it's on my dick by a girl...

What Girls Said 0