Can You Survive Without The Internet?

Can you live without Internet?

Could you survive a week with no internet?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• No I really couldn't, I've got nothing better to do

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. I'd just have to revert back to my 13 year old self.

• Lol. I'm 13 and all I use is the internet.

But then again, its 2016. In my theater class (it has 8-18 year olds) just about ALL of the 8 year olds have apple phones

• @Amilaheart my 13 year old self didn't have the internet. So I'd just have to dig into my memories and do what I did back then to fill the time.

What Girls Said 40

• I wouldn't be able to do my job...

Outside of that, yes, I could very well survive without it for a week.

The rest of my life?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bzy4z7AIYAAftty.jpg

• Yes and no. Yes in the sense that I'm one of those people who thinks that most people are using technology too much, so I have no problem just hanging around and, you know, sculpting or painting or whatever instead of being on YouTube. (But don't get me wrong, I love YouTube.)

At the same time, I run an online business, so surviving without the internet would be the same as a business just being closed for a week. Not really a good idea. Can be done with some foreplanning, but not great.

• Of course we could all survive but I put no. I don't know how we did it before!! As far as getting directions somewhere, finding answers for things, etc.

• i can and i have omg it was amazing. i was on a cruise and we just didn't use internet at all. u had the option to but u had to pay for it. we figured we'd be too busy to anyway, but MAN, so so good.

• If my situation was different, then I definitely could. I'm in a long distance relationship with someone that it would kill me to lose, but if we lived closer to each other then I could definitely go without the internet. I'm a book worm and I enjoy nature and animals, so I could spend time with those things.

• Easily. But I work in digital media lol so I'd have to take off from work

• If my life was more adventures than it is now, then yes, I could. But my life being how it is, which is work, work, work, no. When it comes to surviving without my personal phone, that is a done deal. I went three months without my phone one time, and it was amazing.

• There are many occasions when I am away from home and can not use internet. Contact with family and friends is managed by phone, and can go without internet for more than a week or two without any difficulty.

• I could... buuuut wouldn't be as much fun i think.
    But then it might be - as i get accustomed to that kind of a life again. =)

• well i have school homework on the internet... so no!

• I could definitely survive without it. It would probably be very boring though. Lol :)

• It's not like I'll drop to the ground hyperventilating every time I'm disconnected from the wifi so I'm very positive that I could.

• Of course i'd easily survive.
    Lat summer i turned off my phone, Internet and everything just spent amazing week all alone with some unknown people who are my friends now.
    So it is even better not to use Internet every time. It is better to communicate with people in real life.

• Yes and will enjoy it too

• I can survive without lots of things. The internet for just a couple weeks? No problem. I do it for days at a time when I'm camping.

• Lol, yup. I love the internet, but I don't need it. I just need my friends and the great outdoors.

• Probably not. My phone is everything. My agenda, navigation, social media. Without internet I'm not sure how to meet up with people. I wouldn't even know what time it is without electronics.

• One week a year I go camping with just an old Nokia for emergencies. No internet or TV. It is great to go offline and reset every now and again.

• yes i did it for an 8 month streak a few years back

• Yes, I could. One week is a short period of time and I'm not addicted to the Internet.

• Well I have survived longer, so yes. Yes I can.

• everything in my house is run by Internet, I need Internet to watch tv and Netflix and well you know "wifi" is important.

• No, not with all the words and spellings I have to check exist.

• If I was with my boyfriend physically I could survive that easily.

• Sorry no... you see I have been using a computer since I was two years old, so it would be very difficult for me to not have internet...

• Yeah I'm not much into social media... This is the only site I'm addicted to now lol but I could go without it

• Probably not. It would literally drive me insane. Taking internet from me wouldn't be safe for the human population.

• ya, i should do that starting tomorrow

• no I wouldn't be able to survive without the internet cause I use it for live streams YouTube and playing games

• Tooootally! :D So many things to do :D see the world, smell flowers, look at the sky :D

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 57

• i as a kid when the ntenet came out so i know all about fires and planting foods etc. and i can use my head for math. i once went into a res raunt and was at the cash register and the power went out for about 5 minutes i thought hey i can pay and go have a seat but i had to wait for the power to come on before the kid could give me a price for what i ordered lol.

not poking fun at kids but i find it crazy that people seem to go blank in the head if the internet or some device that helps them quits working. and they dont know how to work the numbers in their head lol.

• I definitely can. Im a homebody and a recluse by nature... the other part is just an act. No internet? i'll be just fine. I can call and text if i have to reach out... cable tv for entertainment. I can watch downloaded videos on the comp or even better read a book. so many things. A week will be gone in an instant.

• We can obviously survive, but its so helpful when doing research, and advetisment that schools, coorperations, and entertainment would be at a major disadvantage. I personally think the internet is great for information but otherwise I would disband all forms of social media that have corrupted this world.

• A week without internet. No problem with that. Long term would be kind of hard unless I don't have any homework assignments or anything important to save, submit, or important data to back up.

• Yup I can and I have many, many times and I rather enjoy my time without it, you miss out on a lot when your focused on the internet. When you go without it you tend to notice stuff a lot more, animals, nature, sites, and you tend to focus on people or your partner more and talk to them more and life is just better.

• i can and have survived a week without internet. it's liberating

• I can probably make it two weeks without internet as long as it would not have a negative effect on my work. I mean, I need stay in contact with my co-workers. Outside of that I think I can make it two weeks without browsing other things.

• Could I yes I could. Would I want to no but if I had to I could easy.

• More than survival, it depends what you're using the internet for. If you use it for networking, like LinkedIn, Facebook etc-Good
    If you use it for porn,-Pornhub etc,- Not so good.

• The question, could I survive without the internet makes little sense. Ofcourse, anyone can survive without the internet, it doesn't provide anything necessary for survival. If the question was intended to mean, can I go about daily life without the internet. No. Mostly because of its prominence in society. It's like going to a foreign country and trying to get by without knowing the language. 20 years ago, I could get by fine without the internet, now a days, not so much.

• Well i COULD... but it would be stupid. I'm not one to intentionally reject technology when it is available. 😁

• definitely. periods spent away from the internet happen to be my most productive and it's no coincidence ;)

• Yes, I can survive. It will be difficult to adapt to a world without internet though.

• Yes. I've done it before and I could do it again.

• Of course I can ask @applefan1

• Easily give me The Elder Scrolls 6 and ill go dark for a week.

• If on vacation somewhere in nature, hiking, no problem. If at home during vacation, boredom will kill me if no internet.

• I did it two weeks ago while I was in Cuba.

• Yes, I could. Sometimes, I wish it didn't exist. It has its ups and downs.

• If I had to I could, I did it the first 25 years of my life

• Not really, as my livelihood depends on it.

• I could ~survive~, sure. But I couldn't work or do the usual stuff I do in a week. ;)

• It would make my life less convenient, but yeah, I could survive without it.

• that thing that has all the answers to my homework questions? fuck no!

• That's just a flat out no

• a week? sure

for the rest of my life? fuck no

• I have as a kid, and I can as an adult.

• yep.

• Warren buffett said that he would rather give his jets than lose the internet.

• It would be very difficult.

• More from Guys
    27