How many languages do you speak? :) And what would you like to learn?

Fluent or very good:
Finnish (obliviously)
English

Good or okay:
Swedish

Can speak sentence (s) (or know at least 5 words and what they mean)

French
German
Japanese
Italian
Russian
Estonian

~ <3 Languages I'd love to learn or be better in <3 ~,
All of the above~
Spanish
Gaelic
Greek
Portuguese
Tagalog

Most Helpful Guy

• My mother tongues are Swiss and German.
    I'm very fluent at English because I've lived in the US and I major in English literature and linguistics.
    I'm relatively decent at Korean because my girlfriend is Korean.
    I'm also pretty decent at French because we have several years of mandatory French in Switzerland.
    I know Latin because I had to get a certificate in it for my university. If you want to study liberal art subjects in Switzerland, you need to know classical Latin.
    I know a little bit of Japanese. I've been taking some classes at Uni and learning kanjis since last summer. However, I unfortunately don't have much time anymore.

Languages I would like to learn:
    - I would like to become really good at Korean. Good enough to have fluent conversations and read classic works of literature without much difficulty.
    - I would like to learn Spanish, which shouldn't be too hard because I already know Latin and French.
    - And I would like to learn Swedish or Norwegian, which also shouldn't be too hard since I am a native speaker of a Germanic language.

• Does the classic Korean literature have hanja? Because that'd be a whole different ball game

• @redeyemindtricks So how come you know about hangeul?

• mostly because I'm a language nerd. also have a couple Kor-Am girlfriends, and I live really close to K-town here in LA (where I'm literally inundated with 한글 on all the signs)

remember, we've also had a convo on here about 불구기 and 육개장 and all that good stuff lol

Most Helpful Girl

• ~Fluent or very good :
    *English
    *Arabic
    *Spanish

~language that im learning
    *Turkish

~Languages I would like to learn/Understand

*Turkish (lol XD )
    *french
    * I would like to understand Italian COMPLETELY, but since I already know Spanish very good then SOMETIMES I can understand Italian more or less

What Guys Said 28

• I can speak Portuguese and English. I know some things in Russian (not much though, I'd like to learn it) and I can understand Spanish due to be similar to Portuguese, but it's difficult for me to understand spoken Spanish if they speak too fast.

And I'd like to learn all languages in the world, but this ain't possible xD

• English - Native tongue
    Japanese - Studying, I can have basic conversation and read okay.
    Spanish - I'm bad, and can only speak a few things.

• Japanese, English and Danish, primarily. After which comes Italian, Latin, French. And lastly, a tiny bit Korean. I have no limit to which languages I want to learn, I'd love to learn all of them.

• hablo un pocito espanol y quiero aprender mas

• I speak Latvian and English fluently and Russia reasonably well. I'd like to learn Japanese.

• Pretty good with.. Hindi and English... I tried learning Dutch.. But I think I will go with Spanish now.. There are lot more tasteful stuff in Spanish then dutch

• I speak English and Russian fluently. I would be happy to know French but nothing else.

• Dutch (native), Englsh (near enough native). A few words and sentences in I have no idea how many languages.

Minulla on pomppufiilis :D

• I speak English & Khmer (fluent). I could get by on Spanish. I would like to learn Russian and German.

• Fluently:
    English
    German

Good/Okay:
    Welsh
    Latin
    Scots

Basic skills (can only say/understand a few things, very basic understanding of grammar):
    Breton
    Irish
    Scottish Gaelic
    Old English
    French
    Russian
    Sorbian

• I mainly speak English, I my German in fragmented and utter trash but I can understand what people are trying to tell me. My Spanish is in a similar situation, my Japanese is absolutely terrible. I'd love to be fluent in all of them, though there aren't really any other languages other than those that I'd like to learn.

• I speak English and Spanish fluently. But I would like to learn Italian, German, Russian, and oh yeah Finnish ;p

• I speak German, English and Greek.
    I know some French and Japanese but only a few words.

Which language I want to learn? ALL OF THEM!!!

• I speak, write and understand Urdu, Sindhi, English.

I understand but can't write Hindi, punjabi, siraiki.

I know few words of Turkish, Arabic, pushto, Spanish.

• Without even looking at the answers. I can guarantee you that some will say Japanese.

• Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian, English, I can use conversational (kinda) German and I can curse on a few other languages

• English, Kurdish, a bit of Arabic, and Keeshvoltov

• Luxembourgish
    German
    French
    English

Would love to learn Japanese

• Other than English I only know a few sentences and basic words in Cree, and some very basic words in French.

• urdu, and English. i would like to learn russian, german, italian, and french :D

• Sadly just English. I know French and Spanish well enough to read it, dont really speak it though.

• English obviously, but I can read, understand and speak Latin.

• I learned and speak German!

• I'm fluent in English and German. I want to be better in Spanish and learn Portuguese.

• I speak English fluently and I speak okay Arabic.

• I speak English fluently and Spanish almost fluently, I'm Latino so :P

• 3 : french Spanish and English

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 24

• I have studied to read, write and speak many languages. I can read, write and speak Gujarati, - Mother Tongue, hindi, National language, English - Medium of education, Sanskrit - studied for several years, and German - (I have passed translation test for it). I can speak and understand (not good in writing) Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali, Marathi and Rajasthani (also known as Marwadi - local languages of states of India because of friends and some family members. I tried to learn French but failed because of time I can not spare. My community language is Sindhi and it has no specific script - we usually write it in Gujarati. This way my score is 11.

• I speak 3 quite fluently:
    -Arabic, I speak/write/read classical Arabic, Tunisian Arabic and Lebanese Arabic. And I understand all the other Arabic dialects (Egyptian, Iraqi, Sudanese, Syrian, Saudi Moroccan...)
    - French, I was schooled in the French system
    - English
    - I did a year of Spanish in Middle school and noticed it wasn't a hard language to learn, so I might retake it in the future

• Albanian, English, and Russian I all speak fluently. Passable in Spanish, Italian, and Ukrainian (I can hold day-to-day conversations etc), and I've lost most of my Hebrew (used to be fluent though!) I'd love to learn as many languages as possible, but next on my list are German and Mandarin (as well as getting my 'passable' languages up to snuff)

• I only speak English. I took Spanish classes in high school and some in college but I only know some words, phrases, and very basic grammar. I would like to learn more at some point. :)

• frequenting the Spanish version of gag would help you immensely.

• well done girl =]

i speak English and Arabic. id love to learn Spanish, and some kinda native African language.

• I am fluent in English and Filipino.
    I am good at Japanese.
    I am not so good in Spanish and Italian.
    I am not good at German so that'd be the language I'd like to learn.

• Fluent:
    Luxembourgish (native)
    German (native)
    English

Conversational (basically everything except terminology or business language):
    French
    Japanese
    Dutch

Good at it but of no use:
    Latin

I'd like to learn:
    Italian & Russian

• Spanish and english!

• Estonian is my native language. I am also fluent in English. And I know a little bit of Russian.

So, I think 3.

• Native is English and the only one I'm fluent in.

Then I just basically know bits and pieces (more than 5 things) of German, Spanish, EU Portuguese, and Japanese.

• Fluent in English and Spanish. I know a little bit of French that I took in middle school I remember some phrases and can understand words. But I would love to learn Russian , Cantonese and German.

• I know English and ASL.
    Know a little Spanish and Hebrew.

• Is there a backstory behind ASL? (I know more women who've learned it to "talk" to each other across bars/dancefloors than actual deaf or hard-of-hearing people hahah)

• I can speak 4 languages but I know another four languages that I know but I'm not good in it or I can't write it, or speak it

• Fluent:
    German
    English
    Danish

Okay:
    Norwegian
    Swedish

Some:
    Spanish

I want to learn Korean 😳

• I'm fluent in Dutch, English, and Serbian. I'm slowly learning Korean and German. And I'd like to be able to speak Japanese and Spanish.

• I can speak some Italian and some Spanish. I'd like to learn both fluently, as well as Japanese.

• I speak French and English fluently and some Spanish and German.
    I want to be better in both languages.

• Fluent :
    French
    English

Can speak sentence (s) (or know at least 5 words and what they mean) : Hungarian
    Spanish
    Italian
    Greek

• Arabic and English
    I would like to perfect my Arabic. Beautiful language and very passionate
    Id like french

• I speak about 4 languages. I want to learn arabic

• English, Spanish, French, Japanese, and Music if you count it like I do.

• I only speak Engl

• I'm learning sign language. I already know 5 signs. XD

• I am an English speaker, who is interested in learning French, italian, Greek and Spanish.