Are you a psychopath? What is your Hare PCL-R psychopathy checklist score?

Note that the checklist is only half of the diagnosis--an interview is the second half, and this is just for kicks and giggles. Don't take this as a serious diagnosis.

Each of the twenty items is given a score of 0, 1, or 2 based on how well it applies to the subject being tested.

IMPORTANT PART------*Because an individual's score can have important consequences for his or her future, Hare argues that the test should only be considered valid if administered by a suitably qualified and experienced clinician under scientifically controlled and licensed, standardized conditions.* Meaning, not here.

• glib and superficial charm
• grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
• need for stimulation
• pathological lying
• cunning and manipulativeness
• lack of remorse or guilt
• shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
• callousness and lack of empathy
• parasitic lifestyle
• poor behavioral controls
• sexual promiscuity
• early behavior problems
• lack of realistic long-term goals
• impulsivity
• irresponsibility
• failure to accept responsibility for own actions
• many short-term marital relationships
• juvenile delinquency
• revocation of conditional release
• criminal versatility

A prototypical psychopath would receive a maximum score of 40, while someone with absolutely no psychopathic traits or tendencies would receive a score of zero.

A score of 30 or above qualifies a person for a diagnosis of psychopathy.

People with no criminal backgrounds normally score around 5. Many non-psychopathic criminal offenders score around 22.

My score is 10. >.> Possibly up to 15, though I don't personally think so.

• 0-5
  • 6-10
  • 11-15
  • 16-20
  • 21-25
  • 26-29
  • 30+ I'm a psychopath :( or :)?

Most Helpful Girl

• 28. The thing about non psychopathic criminals is probably true. I'm not a criminal exactly, but I've commited crimes and served my punishments for those- I was above 22 and also think many that applied to me also apply to others I know.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• I got 13 but that doesn't mean anything since I have ADHD/ASD so a lot of those are things that comes with having both.

• I don't think it works that way, but okay. That's not a bad score either way.

• A lot of them are what you see in someone who has adhd and asd. Though some of them aren't and that's due to my personality but the ones that are what comes with them is:

need for stimulation
      lack of remorse or guilt
      superficial emotional responsiveness (can also end up going into extremes with an emotional response)
      lack of empathy
      poor behavioral controls
      sexual promiscuity (risky behavior)
      early behavior problems
      lack of realistic long-term goals
      impulsive
      irresponsibility
      many short-term marital relationships
      juvenile delinquency

• I added some that I didn't do since that is something other people with it face.

• Gotta 16... Not sure if I should celebrate

• Well, it's still lower than non-psychopathic criminal level, under 22. So, I guess it depends on whether or not you wanted to make a criminal score. I think it usually goes down as you age, too, if you're not a psychopath. Teens aren't fully developed, so I would think the "normal" score for teens is higher than adults.

• Oh trust me it's only going up from here of not the same... But that's okay I'm terribly bonkers but all the best people are 😉

• Rofl. I probably would have felt that way when I was your age, too. But, you might be surprised how much you can change. Although, you're right: the best people are bonkers. :p

• Lol I only fit one which is impulsiveness. I do things on impulse lmao woops

• That's probably more because you're a teen with a developing brain, still more reliant on the amygdala (emotional, impulsive) than the frontal lobe (rational). In fact, I think teens would usually score higher than adults because of that. Not sure. Even then, if you only scored a 1-2, then that's less psychopathic than normal people's score of 5.

• Vote E. Me = 22.

• 26-59 :D :D :D omggg :D :D

• 59. :O You could be the queen of all psychopaths. Also please don't hurt me.

• Uh am sorry ><
      No 59 😂😂😂 26-29 😁😁😃

• I passed. I'm not one. Or am I lying and am one?

• Dun, dun, dunnnn. The world may never know. Until it's too late. :O

What Guys Said 4

• Bugger!
    I scored only three. I thought that I would score much higher than that.
    The army shrinks liked the way that I could detach and do what needed to be done, without empathy or pity.

• I think it can change over time. When I was a teen, definitely would have been 22-29, maybe higher.

• I took a multiple choice format of the test, and scored 12. Is that good or bad?

• It's not good or bad. It means you're most likely not a psychopath--but remember, this is not an official thing. It's just for fun. Only way you could know is if you went to a therapist and got interviewed. It suggests you have some psychopathic traits (again, remember, not official), but pretty much 95% humans have some degree of psychopathic traits.

• So not a psychopath, that's good to hear :)

• Yeah. :)

• I'm not a psychopath but I am Machiavellian which is a different trait

• I don't think there's a checklist for that. :O Although, I'd say being Machiavellian requires having some psychopathic traits. Like cunning and manipulativeness, for one.

• I would assume so...