How much trust/faith do you give people when you first meet them?

Curiosity question

I would say I'm probably the type to give a benefit of a doubt when first meeting someone. Maybe 70 - 80% of my trust, but then once you start breaking that foundation, the cracks don't get filled back in if you know what I mean.

• I trust them 100%
  • I mostly trust them
  • I try to trust people but...
  • I don't trust someone at all until they've proven themselves worthy
  • other (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• I trust people in that I trust they will act in accordence with their own views. So I give them the benefit of the doubt but that doesn't stop me from analyzing their behavior and seeing what they consistently do. A liar is going to lie a gossiper is going to gossip just because they are friends with you doesn't mean they are suddenly going to stop being who they are but it also means that just because they are a liar doesn't mean they are going to be a back stabber, or a thief etc. So I trust people to be who they are I will not trust a liars word nor would I trust a secret with some one who gossips but that doesn't mean I can't trust them with other things. They may gossip and can't keep a secret but that doesn't mean I can't trust them to hold my wallet for me, same goes for liars and all others, you trust them to continue functioning as they always do.

What Guys Said 16

• just enough to get things done but not enough to seriously hurt me. As long as nothing important or unfixable is at stake I'll trust someone I don't know. In general a person is better then people.

• Between C and D. It's hard to trust people. I would love to, but I can't in this day and age. Hell, in ANY day or age.

• I voted C), but I personally don't like telling people more than they need to know.

• Zero, zilch, zip, nada, none.

• I wouldn't 100% trust them, but wouldn't automatically not trust them either. ok to be on guard a little.

• Zero. Trust has to be earned.

• trust has to be earned

• I dont trust anyone to be honest and if i trust someone they always prove me wrong

• i try not to trust them. i dont even trust my own shadow.

• They have to prove themselves worthy.

• Humans are never worthy of trust.

• I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason not to.

• I give people the trust and let them fail me from their

• I don't even trust many of my actual friends.

• Life's short and there are so many people to meet you need to give everyone the benefit of the doubt

• I let the force decide.

What Girls Said 11

• I dont trust people anymore. I have like less than 10 people that I trust. I just don't know how I feel about others. I've been hurt a lot and people I did trust just continued to hurt me. I just don't have time to keep picking up broken pieces of myself.

• I trust very few people. It takes a long time for me to trust someone. In the past, I was way too trusting and that led people to taking advantage or betraying me. So I don't trust easily anymore.

• i say i don't trust someone at all until they've proven themselves worthy

• hmm I wasn't sure which answer to choose. I wouldn't say I trust them but I also wouldn't assume that they are bad people/not worthy of trust.

I don't expect much of them. But I'd hope they're great people.

For me to say I trust them or not, they'll have to show me.

Lol does that make any sense?

• I'll trust anyone completely until they prove to me that I can't trust them. Even then, I'll still give them another chance

• For the most part I trust them. I wouldn't get in a vehicle or walk into a dark alley with someone I just met but I think that's just common sense.

• probably a little too much. i always give someone the benefit of the doubt, until they screw me over.

• Yeah I've got major trust issues :/

• I try to trust people

• I don't trust people easily

• Vote E. No trust whatsoever.