Why do teens sleep so much?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Their bodies are going through a lot of very rapid growth and change so they need to conserve more energy for that

What Guys Said 10

• Growing. I used to sleep a lot, but I always had a job outside of school so it was never out of control or anything.

• Because they are growing. Their body is transitioning them from child to adult and the only time you grow is in your sleep.

• Well I barely slept at all until the last year or so. Now I'm 5'4 and regret it so much.

• well im a teen so i was just wondering why i want to sleep all the time

• staying up all night on reddit or youtube, at least that use to be my thing. (now its staying up all night stressing over the looming responsibilitys of adulthood)

• im an adult and i love sleep

• Their bodies are growing.

• They require more rest than adults.

• it pisses me off, I can't get to sleep until about 2 am and i wake up at 1 pm each day lol

• funny thing is when i asked this i was only half awake after i asked this i was asleep for 1 hour lol got up and said damn why am i still sleepy

• lmao, its 1:30am for me atm and im not even tired ffs

• ya i know why im sleepy its just cuss i have been packing and dealing with my gma and my 2 cussins all day lol

• I'm 19 and I still sleep 12 hours comfortably

• what no fair why do you get 12

• Hii
      If you ever need anybody to talk to hit us up :). I'd give you my fbook but I don't want to post publicly

• lol i can understand that lol

• hormones

What Girls Said 5

• Not sure of the reason, but I believe studies have shown teens naturally sleep more than adults or young children, so it's not just laziness. I would have to concur with the theory about growth and conserving energy especially in the brain.

• k just wondering why im sleepy lol my gma just says im lazy but i am legit tired lol

• That's definitely not a whole lot! Maybe shoot for another hour or two a night, it certainly couldn't hurt

• ya i will start sleeping more after the 11 of June

• To avoid their problems.

• because their bodies are undergoing some major hormonal and bodily changes

• Studies show we need at least ten hours of sleep every day to feel fully rested..

• Cause we stay up late and sleep all day, we I don't know I am not Einstein