Why do guys just stare at me but never talk to me? Am I that bad that they don't want to get to know me?

Like I was sitting in class and I guess my tank top strap was showing or something, I quickly hid it, but this guy just looked all bewildered at me and looked away real fast.

Then he made a joke and I could tell he was wondering if I"d react. I didn't.

Why do boys do this? They don't talk to me, they don't even know my name I think, it's like I"m the entertainment or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• because your attractive, and guys naturally desire girls (the opposite gender), but they know they can't have you, guys just happen to know girls dont want guys in the first place, and whether a guy approaches or not its the girl who decides who she wants when she wants, because girls dont usually get rejected because their physical beauty prevents rejection, most guys dont have that luxury, rejection is too common for guys, and its obvious guys are not supposed to approach, and i can never understand why girls keep expecting guys to do everything when it never works that way. and for the reasons I've stated above.

Most Helpful Girl

• what i think is, they wanna act all cool and not affected by females presence.
    or that particular guy was gay or felt embarrassed that he was stating when your bra strap or whatever was showing?

What Guys Said 13

• They think you are pretty, but don't want to approach for some reason. There are lots of reasons why he wouldn't approach a woman they are attracted to such as his confidence, not having a good opportunity, not being ready for a relationship, your body language rejecting him before he has a chance to approach etc.

• Perhaps you're good looking and they're afraid to approach?
    Or you're not good looking but you have some assets that are pleasant to stare at. It could be either.
    Or you actually are good looking but you give off the vibe that you're unapproachable. Maybe you scowl and are moody a lot or something.

• I think sometimes there's nothing to say. It's not the norm to just go and talk to someone in Uni in class.

It's always the face they stare at.

I feel... sometimes when I talk to these people in-person they're a little serious/rude. But maybe it's because sometimes they are in professional positions (like thsi guy was old enough to be a student but he came as a recruiter) so they don't want to come across as friendly

• Because you don't talk to them, so they don't talk to you.

• Most likely I'd say they're intimated by you. A lot of the time guys will stare, whistle, & even make jokes of/at girls they find attractive but are too intimated or insecure to approach. Take it as a compliment or just ignore it. Like being at the zoo, the animals are watching you as much as you watch them.

• Do you talk to them? *mind blown"*

• because they don't want to get rejected.

• Because you're disinteresting.

• Thanks man. If I need an ego boost I'll come to you

• Smart guy. Testing your openness. Dodged a bullet. If i knew what he knew is have avoided your question and left it to the "you're intimidating and beautiful" crew.

• When you like a guy, you laugh at his joke regardless. That is one of the ways a guy can tell if a woman is interested in him.

• You're intimidating.

• Same reason I don't talk to strippers. I'm not interested in what they have to say. :D

• I am an intelligent, young beautiful girl.

What gave the fact that I am these three qualities away? The fact that I was in a UNIVERSITY classroom studying?

• You might be educated. However, I wouldn't say you're intelligent. What I can tell from your response and post is you're a narcissist with low self-esteem. If I'm wrong, why would you care what other people think of you especially me.

• Probably, you are.

• Do you have big boobs? Because that sounds like a classic case of guys staring at cleavage, but being too nervous to ask you out.

• Intimidation. It effects everyone. Sometimes I talk to girls and they stutter or just stare like a deer in headlights.

• they're not intimidated enough to talk out loud so confidently to the prof why do I scare them?

I think they just... keep their eye flirting to the classroom. Sorta like nothing serious jsut pass time

• If you say so. I'm a guy and when I see a girl super attractive make sure 110% that she likes me too. Until then I'm quite because I don't say anything you might not like. And for some reason, not getting liked by a hottie is a terrible thing.

• To speak to a professor is a different. You kinda have to.

• Are you in college

• Yeah we call it uni here but I guess you mean the same thing

• Why? Why do you do it? Do you even like them? :(

• Yeah but I'm inferior

What Girls Said 0