Do you ever feel sad for no reason?

If yes, what do you do to feel better?

Most Helpful Girl

• It rarely happens to me.

It can be many things and sometimes it is just the brain processing information. Stimuli can trigger associations to sad events.

Smells and sounds are common triggers for memories. You might not notice it, but a smell could remind you of both happy and sad events.

If the sadness doesn't last for a long time, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Pay attention to when you notice yourself feeling sad. See is there is anything that is common every time.

Perhaps it is a place you pass while walking, or a particular time of day. These can give you a clue as to why you feel sad suddenly.

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 13

• Yeah, happens a lot, and since there's no reason behind it I feel so helpless, its just awful. Maybe listening to some calm music or reading a little bit helps, but just partially I would say.

• yes i do, i just distract myself by playing any game or watching any tv show or any movies or by going to the gym

• Yes I do. It looks like it's for no reason, but in reality, there's an underlying cause that you need to find. I just let myself tear for a bit, get it all out, then wash up.

• Happens to me quite a bit. It just tends to level out of the course of a few days.

• sure, everyone does

You just find the reason and work through it

• No there has to be a reason

• Watch out because that sounds like early stages of depression

• No. .

• I'm always happy.

• No, I don't.

• no not really

• yep the closest hot girl I can find ;)

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• No, I usually have a reason- my depression isn't that bad anymore but I'll get sad for any reason and then my depression will be a bitch

• Yes, sometimes a good cry is all you need and to talk to someone who is a good friend. Also eat sweets and watch funny shows it cheers you up. : )

• Yes, it's called being having Bipolar Disorder. I just wait it out. I either sit in silence and think or I go take a nap. It's tiring trying to force myself to be happy. It just makes me more unhappy.

• yes, I have depression. Just hope it passes and hope I'll feel better soon. Nothing really works.

• Sometimes. Lately it's more of a memory thing. I get sad a lot at songs or things I used to have that no longer exist in my life. I just try to find happy things. Little things go a long way 😊

• Sometimes. I just try to do something active. Like yoga or hanging out with friend. Just something that distracts my mind

• yeah, it happens a lot to me, i wouldn't know how to explain why i am either and to solve it i literally just either eat or listen to music or just wait for it to pass haha

• Yup. Mood swings.

• lol oh yeah. I hate when that feeling comes because I feel helpless for a bit.
    I try eating something, to see if that would somehow make me feel better, or just lie down on the bed and start analyzing my thoughts

• yes sometimes I do

• Yeah. I like to talk and talking makes me sad but eventually i feel better and normal for after a cry

• yes! usually i cry it out and then go to bed and by the morning i feel a lot better :) it normally happens in the evenings with me

• Yes I do 😑😑and I just eat ice cream it always makes me feel better <.<☺️

• Yes, but if i just eat chocolate then I'm fine

• Nah, for me there's always a reason.

• Yes.. And I don't know if I even do anything to make me feel better. Tbh I will be sad for no reason, but then my brain will try to find a reason any reason to be sad and sometimes it makes it worse.

• Yes, I do. But that happens when I'm PMSing so it goes away after a few days