Should I work in a restaurant?

My mom friend works in a resturant and the pay is 9 dollars an hour! She said she can get me in but I really don't want work with food. I don't know should I go for it?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you've got a connection who can hook you up with a job, you should take it. I feel like part of the reason you're struggling to find a job is your lack of experience. It sucks, but most jobs want you to have work experience but they won't give you the opportunity to gain that experience if your don't already have experience. It's a catch 22.

Even if the job at the restaurant sucks, and it very well could, it at least helps you get some experience on your resume which should make it easier to find work in the future.

Good Luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll make much more from tips I would manage so don't turn it down because you think you'll make a little. If you need the money and have no other jobs lined up or anything, go for it

What Guys Said 30

• Yes apple. Get a job.. Meet a boyfriend.. preferably 6 ft + with abs.. Make happy posts on gag instead of being depressed. We all gon make it brah! We worried about you mayne.

Here is some porn for you..
    cdn.rosannadavisonnutrition.com/.../apples.jpeg

• I think you should go in with the mind set of try and see how things work out if you get hired and accepted, and if things become too overwhelming and frustrating then you will have to decide at that point if you want to still continue working there or move on. Make it a short term goal when you are uncertain. Use it as a bridge of some sort towards you next job. Otherwise, use it as a job application and interviewing experience.

• Just do it! Worst case scenario is you leave and do not want to work there anymore! Take a job when you can get it! Making money is amazing

• $9/hr? Work at a golf course for the summer as the "beer" cart girl! You can make that or more plus tips! In the Boston area, that job pays $11-$12/hour.

Too much drama working at a restaurant. I cleaned the grill during college between 11-1pm for $15/hr when I was in college and some guy was dating two girls working there... one on the 1st shift; another on the 2nd. Only a handful of people knew about it and they kept it quiet to see how it would play out (myself included).

• If there's nothing else available, give it a try. Just know there can often be no tougher job than working with people's food. In high school I worked at a grocery store. I hated it so much, I left and never again worked a job that didn't involve computers. At least if computers got bitchy with me I could pull their plugs.

• You can use it as a first job, to have a salary. Try it out, and if you feel like moving on just start looking out.
    Once you have a job, that time pressure to find one is gone. That's a relief since now you can look out for something better if you like.
    I'd love to try out your apple cake, what did you expect @apple24? :D :D

• It's hard work but one plus to working in food severe is you get to eat and drink for free

• If you're unemployed, take whatever job you can get.

Keep in mind that it is easier to get a job when employed, so look for other job WHILE you are working this one!

#WorkTheSystem

• It's a full time thing or part time?
    Maybe you can give it a shot, some advantadges:

- You develop responsibilty
    - Kitchen skills get stronger
    - Can be like doing exercice (if you are into getting food on the tables)
    - Makes you develop more social skills, like with clients.
    - Make da maney you need to be a little more independent.

What are the cons for you?

• I worked at a fast food restaurant and a restaurant at a hotel before. My experiences were terrible managers mostly in the fast food industry, terrible pay, less freedom, and you feel like shit. No wonder why I want to form my own business and be my own boss.

• haha I poor. lol I was born into trash and I am sure I'll die as trash. Unless I marry a rich man! hahah Not possible by the way...

• I know many people on here would hate this idea. Why not become a stripper? What I read is that it's good pay and rich people go to the high end strip clubs. Make 9 dollars a hour at a restaurant or couple hundreds or even thousands at a strip clubs a night?

• I don't have a good body or else I probably consider it.

• For some days maybe.
    That's equal to my mom's salary.. Although she is a assistant block development officer.. Government sector.. It sucks...

• Don't work with what you don't want. If you really need the money though, go ahead.

• Restaurant work/waiting on tables is a very difficult job, physically and mentally.
    It's also not the best of environments.

You need strength to carry things and patience to deal with customers.
    If you can try to work in the kitchen. It's better than being a waiter.

• That's like minimum wage, apples

• I can't help it ): Its just 9 dollars... hahah poverty line!

• Yes.

I firmly believe that working as a waiter is one of the best ways for people to learn about survival in the real world.

• Do your currently have a job? If the answer is no, suck it up and start getting paid. It doesn't need to be permanent, just something to get you by until you find something better.

• Yes cause you can do this https://youtu.be/BjNuuBAANBk

• are you gonna ask EVERY question about your life as an active worker on this site? when i look at your history all i want to say is : MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICES !

• (: Yes I will! (: STOP YELLING!

• yup those are called team hungry! Why can't I ask questions! lol I honestly just want to hear what others think but... If it bugs you so much just block me!

• excellent suggestion

• That's less than minimum wage here. The work is seriously fast paced and you have to deal with tons of attitude. I don't recommend the service industry for anyone, lol.

• I am broke! lol I know its less than minimum wage but that the best I can do! lol Not every girl has a sugar daddy! lol

• Sure why not... you can make good tips being a waitress. It is how most of us started out.

• Its a cashier job!

• I could if I had a bike!

• Do the first little while via bus then save up for a bike.

• Do you have a job now?

• A shitty job beats none at all.

• take what you can get in this economy

• Search for an apple restaurant :P

• I am not used to thinking in terms of dollar but is it low?

• Yes do it! APPLE!

• Of course you should. You can make me apple deserts 😋🍎

• If you can't get a better job then yes. If you can get a better job then no.

• No. if you can do something better do it, if there's no other option then yes.

• Do it you can eat there for free

What Girls Said 14

• What would you be doing?

• There's absolutely nothing wrong with working in a restaurant, fast food or otherwise, especially if you have no previous experience. Employers take food workers very seriously due to the strict rules and safety/sanitary measures. Not just anyone can work at a restaurant - it takes a dedicated and careful person to get hired.

• Do it for the experience and the reference. It's worth using it as a stepping stone into something you do want to do?

• I want to add, you'll also build your soft skills and your confidence will increase :)

• Sure. Until something better comes along. It's all good

• It'll give you experience until you can find a better job.

• its good to try

• $$ is $$

• Uh... wait a second, what type of job is it? Server? Cook? Cashier? Manager?

If you don't have a job, take what you can get, but I've worked in restaurants before as a server and the customers were very trying, rude, and dumb.

• If you need money, a short term stint for work experience is still good for learning experience

• You should try it, they will train you of course. You'll get some experience and that will make your resume look better.

• If you need money then thats the best way to go until you find something you like more.

• A job is always worth getting once you can prove you are good you can use this to move elsewhere.

• A job is a job.

• Go by what your heart tells you and it matter if you really want a job or not too :)

• Yeah, go for it. It's just temporary.