What does this quote mean to you?

Most men live lives of quiet desperation.

Most Helpful Guy

• It means we're hurting and struggling on the inside but don't show it on the outside because, as per society, only sissy little bitches and girls do that. We struggle on in valiant silence, relying only on ourselves because that's what's expected of us.

• Can you help me with another quote? I'm doing this for an assignment but I need some help

• I don't knoooooow. That seems like an awful lot of work

Most Helpful Girl

• The way i see it, it means that their lives are empty, they dont have what they really need/makes them happy ( what that is is different for every person) but they dont talk about it or even are afraid to leave the life they live for the life they need. Therefore living a life according to society's standards but not to what they need to be happy

• Same could be said about women wtf?

• this one seem to me more of a romantic poem of some sort. As i see it , it expresses the admiration of someone towards the beauty of this woman. He is looking at her and admires her (she walks in beauty) he compares her with something beautiful (cloudless climes and starry skies) and for him she is perfect (all thats best of dark and bright meets in her aspect and her eyes)

• "SHE " if the original is with capitals means she is the one for him, special and different than all other women

What Guys Said 9

• It feels like our whole lives are pushed on achieving something or "getting somewhere" either as soon as possible or by some certain time in our lives. As a kid it was a rush to be a teen, then a adult. Now it's rush to have sex, finish school, get a car, or rush to be wed, rush to start a family. Our lives are kinda like desperation moves to move onto the next phase or task.

• Desperate to me means anxious so we have constant anxiety about jobs, families, money etc but never show or talk about it

• It means that most of us go through our lives at the ragged edge of survival. This is true for most of humanity. Even in the richest country on earth (The USA) if you lose your job, you'd be surprised how soon you'd be on the street.

• Not me OP

• The only way to get laid is to shut up and listen.

• It means men live but don't express what they are desperate about

• It mens that someone spent way to long coming up with a quote that ended up making no sense.

• They are desperate for love and affection but they never get any. They stay silent about it for fear of being judged

• They live in a constant state of anxiety which rarely rises to the level of crisis but which keeps them constantly occupied in reacting to things which worry them.

I think this was perhaps more true in the 19th century when it was written than in the West today.

What Girls Said 1

• We all have our problems. Our lives aren't perfect, so we are always looking for something that makes us happy.