Are there times you don't care about a celebrity that died?

For instance this might sound silly but I didn't know this Prince guy too well and frankly don't care that he died.

His death is the same as I would feel if a stranger died.

Yet, on other sites (even on a relationship forum) there was a post about him and it became overloaded with reply after reply so fast.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you thinking that you're supposed to care? I think most people really don't care when a celebrity dies, not really. I mean, it's a sad thing don't get me wrong, but it doesn't affect their life any. Your reaction is normal to me (I share it). If it's a celebrity you really like then you might feel a little more sad but you really don't know these people. It is a stranger dying, just a famous one.

What Guys Said 18

• Yesterday I read a celebrity OD-ed on Fentanyl: www.nytimes.com/.../what-is-fentanyl.html?_r=0

I consider it a drug induced suicide. I was his own decision to take it. Should I really care about it hen?
    I don't think so.

• On average, i really don't care... I've only been impacted by 3 so far and that is because they were one of the greats...
    M. Jackson, B. Mac, P. Walker... can't think of anyone else...
    I don't know them. I only have moments of silence for those that I know that died, so... why more for a stranger.

• Yeah me and you are in time where he didn't matter to us. His impact didn't reach our generation beside Dave. Chappelle.

Unlike Michael Jackson who songs til this day are good.

Basically this prince guy wasn't as big as everyone made it seem.

Or that Spanish singer lady that died INA airplane I'm like who dafuck is she. Oh well next

• I don't ever really recall giving a shit about any celebrity that had passed away recently.

However, if it is some celebrity that was involved and part of the stuff (movies, tv, video games, etc.) that I liked and hold on to memories of, then that would probably get to me.

• RIP Paul Walker 😢

But people who i dont associate with no.

• I don't care about most of them. Only musicians really. But I have to like and respect their music. Like when Whitney Houston died it didn't matter, because she was a fake artist, didn't write her own songs or anything. Sure she could sing but who cares, that like surface talent, like being a person with good looks.

• I haven't really cared about any of them to be honest. The only celebrity death I was kinda saddended by was when I heard the actress that played the Yellow Ranger died.

• I didn't care that Michael Jackson or Prince died.

• I basically never care if I didn't know them I don't give a shit. If it was my favorite actor I might be bummed out but I'm not gonna cry for them.

• I haven't went to funerals for family even. Even people I know I haven't shed one tear for them I felt more numb than anything. I think I have a slight case of ptsd though. I've seen a murder victim laying in the street with tape and markers everywhere, seen two fatal accidents and body parts all over the road, seen ghosts and heard voices and shit. I'm kinda fucked up

• I don't care about any of their deaths.

• True there is no point, esp if they are just randoms I've never personally met nor dealt with.

• The vast majority of the time.

• Many times. Didn't care about prince. Not caring about Ali today either

• there are never times where i do care about celebs that died xD

• Nobody's truly heartbroken.

• I didn't care Michael Jackson died, so... Prince who?

• Yes, I didn't know about Michael Jackson before he died so I cared little but I wondered why there was so much attention to it and then I looked up for his songs

• Not really. I don't know them. I generally don't follow that celebrity culture.

• Most of the time I couldn't care less. I actually find it so fucking annoying when people try to make it sound like the person who died was some great perso

What Girls Said 17

• Yeah... The world goes on. If I'm not crazy about your music, acting, even heard of you, or liked your personality why should I?

It's not like I even know the celebrities I do like.

• Many times, most of the time.
    I'm just like wow for a minute then I forget about it. People die everywhere and everyday.

• Yeah, I just don't care about most celebrities. I mean, I was devastated when Paul Walker died and I was definitely sad when Prince died. When MJ died, that was a tragedy. Most celebrities I don't care for though.

• i may not know people but i can never not care if someone dies. death is always sad to me.

• I never had!

• Why would that sound silly?

I have never cared when a celebrity died. Seriously. Everyone dies at some point. Why should I give a damn that this person I never met has died?

• It's because he was an iconic force in the music business. Genius musician and song writer. His passing is a great loss to music.

• I never care. Everyone does yet when it's a celebrity people make a huge deal about it

• Of course I knew Prince, but I wasn't too bothered when hearing about his death tbh. Not like some people where they cried and legitimately brokedown over it.

• Yes, it happens a lot but I do care about those celebrities with whom I can relate to or I'm familiar with them or their work for a long time.

• To be honest, I have never cared if a famous icon dies. They made no difference to my life so.

• Every single time

• There ARE many times that idc but others where I was affected and shocked.

• I don't care about celebrities at all

• Of course. Tbh, all the time.

• I watched in my rear-view mirrors a guy got plowed over by the car behind me. I felt nothing. I didn't know him, and he wasn't related to anyone I knew, so his death did not affect me.

• Yeah no one expects everyone to mourn the loss of every celebrity, especially if you didn't know of them in the first place. It's not like y'all were friends or anything lol. But its also important to keep in mind that there are people out there whose lives actually have been deeply impacted by some of these celebrities' works, in what way? Who knows. So I think it's also good to not belittle other people's grief. But yeah. People die all the time and I don't really cry over it. Except Paul walkers death. I'm still sad over that.