Does your head hurt when you wear an overhead headphones?

• Yes it does
  • Yes it does but only when I wear it for a long time
  • No it does not

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• It all really depends on the brand. I've dealt with various ones of them since I edit music and need to wear them for hours at a time.

I own a pair of Sony MDR 7506 (those are basically the industry standard) and they were extremely comfortable. The sounds is pretty balanced too, although I would've perhaps appreciated slightly more lows, but I digress. If anyone is looking for quality headphones after dealing with ones that hurt their ears, I highly suggest checking out those. Around $80 as of now I believe.

If you want to go a step up, check out Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO. Also super comfortable and has better sound than Sony's headphones in my opinion. However, the cable sucks and may give out in a year or two at the connection. Around $130, 150 I think.

The ones I use now are V-MODA Crossfade M-100. They are the best headphones I've ever owned. Fantastic sound and built like a rock, albeit an expensive rock. They may hurt if you wear them for hours without taking them off, but that may be just me personally. Customer service is also insanely awesome. The warranty lasts a year... and if they break for any reason after that in your lifetime you can buy another pair for half price. They are currently around $250. I like wired headphones, but if you want wireless, they cost more.

Whatever you do, stay away from what I believe was Able Planet headphones. They hurt like hell. Worst experience ever. I had a pair of them once and will never use them again.

Bose is also good for comfort (though I think a lot of the price is overrated brand name). Beats headphones are comfortable (except the sounds is AWFUL-- so unbalanced, and they are way overrated in terms of price). Sony is generally comfortable. I haven't had much experience with AKG but I've heard good things about comfort from them too.
    ----
    Why did I list various headphones and stuff?
    Well, the point I was trying to make (besides offering some things to look buying) was that each headphone is unique in it's design. Price doesn't necessarily mean comfort, and not all headphones hurt. It's a gamble, but can be mitigated with research and/or going into stores and trying stuff on.

Oh, on a side note, I'd like to express my disdain for beats headphones once again lol. The only reason someone should buy them is if they are wanting a fashion statement, or if they just want overwhelming amounts of bass in their music.

• Haha awesome it's like a I went to a headphones review blog.. Yeah, I've never tried beats once but I heard they are not top notch. Only famous because it's a fashion statement and spent much money on marketing.

• @redeyemindtricks were they comfortable?

Im personally thinking abot picking up the
      Pioneer SE-DIR800C for tv and movie watching.

• @iFarted The Audeze ones? Yeah, although they seemed a bit... big for me. I had to adjust them to almost the smallest possible size (which I also have to do with the Bose AE2's, by the way, but not the Bose OE's which are somewhat smaller).

They are a perfect fit -- and comfortable -- for my son, who wears a size 7 1/2 fitted cap at the moment. So, if yr head is around that size, they will probably work out pretty well for you, too.
      If yr head is much smaller than that, you might feel a slightly uncomfortable amount of weight bearing down on the top of yr head from the band (this was my experience).

What Girls Said 7

• I can't vote, because I never wear them. Although, like everything else, I assume it will hurt if used too much. Either that, or people get used to it and stop feeling it after a while.

• Yes it hurt my ears!

• Yeah that and headbands man, they give me a freaking headache hence why I stay clear from them.. Unless I'm playing on the PC once in every red moon

• Only after I wear it for a long time

• No not for me

• I also find headbands and sunnys give me sore head/headaches too.

• No those don't hurt me but the ear buds do

What Guys Said 12

• Being in the aviation industry I'm used to wearing them for both hearing protection and communication

• I don't use headphones. but having to chose, I'd pick headphones over ear plugs, which are an abomination for the hearing.

• Yeah after about an hour my ears will hurt.
    But my ears never hurt with good IEMs (earbuds) so I use those!

• Got to find the right pair.

Had experiences with a couple of different ones and found that some after less than an hour on felt like my ears were going to fall off.

The one that I kept I can keep on for hours if i chose to.

• What brand of headphone did you get?

• Have a headset, actually, meaning it's got a mic.

The point I was trying to make is that you might have to try a couple of different ones before you find the right headphones.

• Nope. My ears hurt with ear buds tho. I hate them fuckers lmao

• Actually it's the earbuds that get me

• no but sometimes my ear does huts

• After a while they become uncomfortable to wear.

• Nooo. Not if you bought some decent overheads

• No theyre more comfortable than earbuds

• After a while it starts to hurt my ears. I have to take it off for a few minutes.

• No my head hurts when I watch poo poo butt pee pee fart...