If more women stop nagging for kids and family, would the population decrease a lot?

Since it tends many times to be the woman that might nag a man into kids and/or marriage... basically she wants a family and it's the one to bring the subject first. I guess it's understandable if she's in her early 30's and doesn't have too much time. I get some men want a family as well too but it's almost always the woman ready first, that she was the one that motivated him later in life.

What if all of the sudden many women stop naggining and didn't even mention kids nor family. Would the general human population all of the sudden drop a lot?

• Yes, no more babies for a long time... human population will decrease a lot
  • No, there will still be men wanting kids even if the woman doesn't bring up the subject
In this scenario, many women decide to go on the guy's pace and don't even mention the subject, nor even remind him.

Most Helpful Guy

• B, without a doubt. There's always the crowd that absolutely wants kids and the crowd that is absolutely certain that they never want any kids and then there's the crowd that is undecided and is still trying to make up their minds and decisions.

Besides why would population decrease even mattered at all these days?

It's not like there had been a serious cataclysm or catastrophe that claimed the lives of at least half the planet or something.

Or such as something like another a large scale global world war like that of World War 2 that resulted in many lost lives and therefore people would actually "want to" or "feel the need" to repopulate the world again to make up for the substantial amount of the population that was gone. Because that is what happened after the second world war, people decided and realize they wanted to rebuild and repopulate again and people born in post WW2 era are the "baby boomers" generation.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if you look down onto those women, but I'd look more down onto the men who'd agree to have kids just because "she'd stop nagging". Children are a huge change to your life and demand loads of money, time and unconditional love. People who get kids just to "do someone a favour" and nothing more are incredibly irresponsible. You should only get kids if both the potential parents are 100% willing to get kids. Besides, more and more women are starting to not want to have children (more free time and career opportunities) and a lot of men do plan to (eventually) get children after they get a stable career.

What Guys Said 8

• Of course it would, but you would be taking away one of the fundamental reasons why humanity is a successful species in the first place...

• "Nagging"? That's like your self-defense instincts nagging you to not poke yourself with knife. Procreation is built into us. For millenia sex meant babies. So even if people stop "nagging" they will still want sex and so there will always be babies being made.

• Plenty of women "forget" to take their birth control. We'll be fine lol. a lot of guys want kids too.

• Men want kids usually. They're just less vocal about it.

• This is an amazing question.

• Yes it takes two to tango 😂 but seriously what did I just read?

• Meaning that more women simply stop mentioning it and go with the guy's pace (even more slower than him).
      Example: It's a 3-4 year-old serious relationship where they live together and the woman never mention brings the subject at all.

• Population increase will slow, but the population won't decrease.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm constantly being nagged by a man on here who wants me to have his children. Thinks they'll be genetically superior or something.

Lost count of how many times I've told him "I'm not ready" or "Maybe in the future".

@fearless_banana - Why do you nag so much bruh?

• unfortunately, the problem is much bigger. with so many men going MGTOW, the population remains questionable. perhaps if women weren't so quick to divorce, and move onto the next best thing, and men were actually appreciated more as fathers then something could be worked out.

• Most likely. But people want kids. I am not one of them!

• Having children is a two way thing, unless you go to a clinic. So no, I don't think it's just women. I do think children can work quite addictive, after having one most people have more. And there is always the religious thing that expects people to have huge families.

• This is so stupid. Not all women want kids like myself, not all men want kids, some people want a huge family, men and women. Either way, why do you feel the need to judge other people?

• male birth control becoming available is the only thing I can see lowering population.

• I don't think the population will decrease significantly. Besides, women get pregnant all the time by accident, not even when they want kids

• That's silly. Men want it just as much as women

• no there are definitely men that want a family.

• No, men want that equally as much as women I've found. They might just not go on about it and just broach the subject lightly with her instead of nagging... I don't know that many women who nag about that either tbh and more fool her if she does because who really wants kids with a man who doesn't want kids and is just backed into a corner anyway...