How much jail time should he face?

So this is for a story I'm writing. It might be the most stereotypical thing I've ever written.

when Marvin was 12 he was bullied by this tall, muscular kid named Travis. Travis was a really cocky dude who believed he could control anyone and anything. Travis would pinch Marvin's butt, spit in Marvin's food during lunch, call him names like worthless, disgusting and faggot he'd even push him into lockers and forced him to smell his armpits after soccer practice. In the locker room Travis burned Marvin's clothes and in the shower he'd grab Marvin's ass and forced soap Into it. Then punch him in the face after. sometimes in the hallways Travis would pull Marvin's pants down or just try to feel him up. Also spill drinks on him. One day Travis decided to fight Marvin. But Marvin bought a knife. He ended up stabbing Travis in the leg. At the end Travis had to get that leg removed. How much jail time should Marvin face?

• no jail time, no probation
  • No jail time just probation
  • 10 years in jail with probation
  • 10 years in jail with no probation
  • 20 years in prison
  • He deserves life in prison
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Travis sounds like a big gayboy. Self defense against physical and sexual harassment. He'd get 2 or 3 years for wounding and possession of an offensive weapon would get him 18 months. He'd serve 2 and a half years for good behaviour and get parole

• ... I think he'd be fine, really. History of repeated battery, and sexual assault. Then, a taller, stronger kid decided to commit assault and battery with a repeated past history of assault and battery and sexual assault. Especially since the victim did not start the fight, and could reasonable say he was in fear of great bodily harm, such as rape. As long as he did not continue the fight after stabbing the attacker/stopping the fight, he should be fine.

What Guys Said 4

• No jail and no probation. Travis deserved that.

• What are you writing about? Triumph over adversity? Then acquittal or a token, suspended sentence?
    The inadequacy and systemic injustice of the judicial system? Then the death penalty.
    That would be how I'd approach this.

• If Travis was going to fight him then it was out of self defense. So probably just probation, no jail.

• But he was carrying. Thats automatic sentence. Wounding as well is a serious charge. If there's intent it can go up to attempted murder. Get about 7 years for that.

• As both are underage, no jail time and no probation.

What Girls Said 3

• Just needs to talk to a psychiatrist, I wouldn't doubt it if he's been scar mentally. Then have someone to watch him for a bit to make sure Travis doesn't try anything else. Which I wonder if Travis is actually gay but is hiding in the closet about it. So then he's taking any repressed emotions he has out on him about it.

• Hun it will be less then ten years a guy who was driving amd killed my aunt a on accident only got 10 years with probation so he would probably only get 5 years at the most

• Life in prison