Do You Think "Hot privilege" exists?

Hot people are getting special treatment. All the regular people know it. The hot people are not even aware of it. So unfair!!! lol

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 22

• Ofc. My last firm, one of my coworkers was an NFL cheerleader (it's a part time job). When the partner walked in the room guess who he looked at first and talked to, me or her?
    Horny bastard smh

• 1|0
  • Some hot people also get treated worse because they're hot. Some men assume hot women are stupid and thus won't bother working ethically with them. I've seen it in the service industry all the time.

• It definitely exists. In high school I was about average looking. Since I started working out and caring about my appearance... People have been treating me much better! I get a lot of compliments and even had a couple girls ask for MY number!! And I'm more than aware of the benefits of being attractive lol

• Well.. in the modeling industry it does.

• Yeah. I'm quite confident it exists. I've gone to job interviews totally not caring, and I wasn't afraid to show it and didn't even dress ''properly'' for the occasion and I got hired. I've been caught by the police for smoking weed and having a bunch of weed on me and I've never ever been in charge but instead my friends are the ones who get in trouble by the same division that catches me. (Not that I'm saying my friends aren't hot I'm only saying that... I'm hot and I get away with shit xD)

• Yeah, it definitely exists. Conventionally attractive people are more likely to be associated with positive personality traits (halo effect), earn more money, make friends more easily, are perceived as being more trustworthy, and are able to get away with things less attractive people would get called out for.

• Hell yeah, it does!

Why do you think so many Koreans get plastic surgery? They know that they'll get a better chance of being hired if they're prettier.

• Says the hot bitch

• Sure, it exists. I admit: I'm one to discriminate against ugly people! I'm sorry!

• No doubt it exists.

• Frankly there are a great multitude of reason why some people are granted certain advantages in life. As one ages, one comes to realize that attractiveness, while seemingly important, can just as easily be a curse.

• LOL! Of course it exists! And I'm pretty sure all the hot people are VERY well aware of it!

• Let's sing 🎤
    "put your hands up in the air
    like we don't care"
    F**k Y** hot people
    I only crave awesomeness 🍫

• Yeah customer service and waitresses are almost always hot. I've heard of somebody not getting a job and the reason why was they were to ugly

• I wouldn't really know lol.

• good looks help. that's pretty much a fact

• of course

• It exists and it should be a new popular term "hot privilege"

• The misuse of the word 'privilege' is rapidly becoming as annoying as the misuse of 'unique'.

Privilege is granted by authority, what you are talking about is advantage. Privileges are advantages but not all advantages are privileges. In this case no one grants the advantages accorded attractive people, they occur because of people's natural inclinations.

• you are wrong. privelege also refers to any advantage that is unearned, and exclusive.

• It's funny how it's socially acceptable to say hot privilage exists but not when it comes to race. Lmao. People are full of shit.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• DUUUUHHHH! I tend to ignore hot people!

• Yes, it does exist. It may be viewed as 'unfair' by some but I mean.. Someone's always gonna be on the losing end. A lot of hot people are perfectly aware but wouldn't it be a bit insane for them to offer up better treatment to people who don't get it otherwise out of pity? It's a dog eat dog world.

• yes it does hot people = more confident = more likely to succeed and can make money doing fuck all e. g being insta models etc.

as an average to ugly person i can say idrc coz if i was hot i'd be a narcissist but I'm not and I'm unique and i'd rather be unique then hot

• of course it exists. conventionally attractive people get treated really well. it's even more obvious with women, in my opinion. hot girls get away with so much.

• Yes if you show cleavage

• Yes, of course! Hot people always get better treatment and other people trust them more.

• Yes, but it's usually treatments such as getting into clubs or getting free drinks and stuff, not "useful" things I think.

• Meh, I had a lot of shitty underpaid job interviews, and in those usually the once hired are the ones with more cleavage to show.

• ya pretty much

• Well ofc it does.

• Yeah.
    Got treated badly when I was 50lbs heavier.
    Now, 50lbs lighter people are so much nicer to me lol.

• Yes and no. People tend to take things more personally if its coming from a hot girl/boy. There is always that assumption that you are stuck up or evil. (some are). ''Friends'' envy you and sabotage your life. Men become friends with you so they can date you. Life can be lonely for hot people, unless you are an actor or something. People will treat you better though sometimes but they will also expect something in return.

• Yeah probably. Thats why everyone strives to look good. That's not to say hot people don't have problems. It's just that looks will get them extra.

• In some circumstances, yes.

• Obviously :P