Is it okay or is it insulting?

One night, I did a favor for someone and later that same night he offered to take me to dinner as a thank you. Would offering to pay or split the bill be okay or would that be insulting? I'm not a huge fan of people paying for me but in the past I've had guys tell me that they like paying and when I don't let them pay, it apparently puts a damper on their mood. I realize it depends on the guy but I would just like to hear some other opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if he's offering it as a thank you then it's best to just let him pay because if you didn't allow you to pay it would be like not accepting his thank you if that makes sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's the best if you split the bill. If he wants to pay, just tell him you also want to pay at least a part of the bill, so spliting would be the best solution.

What Guys Said 2

• Let him pay he's taking you out as a thank you

• just pay off by vaginal sex

What Girls Said 1

• You could bring up the option and if he insists then allow him to. Let a gentleman be a gentleman. Also, if someone offers to take you out then I believe they should pay for it as they were the one asking to treat you. If it's something you've both decided to do just for the sake of doing then that is when splitting the bill makes sense. You wanting to pay for your food when someone is trying to do something nice for you is kinda like being invited out and paying for your own birthday dinner.