Can only smart people achieve scores like this?

I remember taking an exam for a third year psych class and I got one question wrong on the whole exam lol.

I think I got a 96.6% or something.

Sometimes I forget how smart I was :)

Most Helpful Guy

• A smart person would have gotten 100%.

media.giphy.com/media/3oAt21Fnr4i54uK8vK/giphy.gif

I am just kidding with you lol good job!

• Ha ha but does that make me smart? Do a lot of people get scores like that?

Sometimes I feel like I'm smart but I don't work hard enough.

• There are different kinds of smart. Some people remember a lot, others have no problem understanding complex concepts, and so on. You just have to figure out whats your area of smartxpertise.

• But do people who are generally not that smart score on exams like this? I've been wondering lately if I'm smart, kinda smart, or intelligent.

I think I am more about no problem understanding complex concepts. I love courses that are 'harder' but have NO readings in it.

I HATE READINGS. It bores me. I would rather learn from slides and problem sets.

Most Helpful Girl

• haha, anyone can achieve anything with hard work and a bit of luck baby girl. congrats =]

• I don't really know about that. Sometimes University exams are designed so it's simply not possible even with a lot of hard work for someone to do well.

Because all those readings have to process through.

But thank you :D.

• i see. I'm yet to experience that, but i guess it depends on the uni.
      no worries.

• It depends on the course I think.

I think this exam tested 30 questions so even a few wrong would bring down someone's grade. With all those many chapters, unless you truly processed the material it would be harder to do well.

I never even took notes. I just highlighted and read really carefully.

What Guys Said 2

• Why not 100% #Asian
    Naww, 96% is very good, and that's probably more than the average person gets.

• True. Thanks :)

I have trouble believing I'm smart. I don't know why :S

• That's a great way to think, and a healthy way to view life, keep at it. ^.^

• Thank you, will do :) :)

• You are what you are. A test doesn't change you, it only lets you make pointless comparisons to others.

• I don't really know if I'm smart.

• And how does that change you? Can you do something now you couldn't do before?

• Yes. It gives me confidence and confidence makes you achieve/do more.

Truly

What Girls Said 1

• Uh intelligence isn't defined by only test scores LOL

• True. But strong test scores are likely a strong indicator of it.