Is it stupid to call in to work (waitressing) because I can barely walk?

I'm about to go to urgent care and I'll see what the doctor thinks but I wanted everyone's opinions as well. Both of my knees are sore due to overuse (I'm a runner, and I did too much too soon). It started on Monday and it's been getting progressively worse all week, and today I can barely walk on my right knee. I literally have a limp lol.

I haven't worked at the restaurant since Monday because it's my second job and I only do it twice a week. Monday my knees hurt, but we were incredibly slow because of Memorial Day so it was manageable. I just don't see, though, how I'll be able to get through a 10 hour shift on a busy Saturday.

What should I do? I hate calling out but I don't think I can do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe this is a legitimate reason to call off. Go ahead and go to Urgent Care and see what they say, then just rest so that you can heal.

What Guys Said 1

• If you can't walk call off.

What Girls Said 2

• Call out. Health first. You'd rather be out for a day and get it looked at than out for two weeks because you tried to push it too hard

• If you don't think you can do it, you should call in sick. It's better for them to know ahead of time to try and find a replacement now, then to scramble to find one later when they have to send you home because you can't do your job properly.