Why do some bosses threaten their employers indirectly?

Comments like
"I have so many applications on my desk, your spot can be filled"

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably makes them feel good having power over others. If something like that were said to me I'd start looking for another job and then when I find one I sit my boss down and tell him my work isn't being appreciated so either they give me a raise right there on the spot and show more respect otherwise they are welcome to pick up anyone of those resume's they keep blabbering on about because I'd be going to the new job.

What Guys Said 9

• What field? just in general, I'd say your best bet to avoid asshole bosses/managers, is to study a technical field in Uni and get into a selective profession. Then they value you much more so.

• Go suck a big fat one I'd say. Its so hard to fire someone these days. You have to have good cause and if they don't lawsuit their ass.

• Doesn't sound very indirect to me.
    Why? Hard to tell, totally depends on what the employee did to deserve that statement.

• some bosses are assholes

• Because he is afraid to lose his job probably feel intimidated by this person and probably had this job in dishonest way he didn't deserve it.

• this is passive agression. it is a trait of machilavism in the workplace.

• Because your not doing your job or you insulted them some his.

• There dicks.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0